9: Lydia Branwell

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

We were all at the Ops Center, Clary and Jace stood and admired the Mortal Cup. I and Isabelle stood there and we admired it from a far.

"Alright, love birds. Our turn." I yelled.

Isabelle took her whip out, it extended over to the Mortal Cup and it wrapped itself around it. The Cup flew over to us and Isabelle grabbed it in her hand.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." Isabelle said, as she looked at the cup and we walked over to Clary.

"It's so pretty." I said as I stared at the Mortal Cup. It's prettier than the replica we had in the library.

Clary took the Cup and the blank tarot card; She placed her hand that held the Mortal Cup through the blank tarot card.

"No Downworlder can come into the Institute." Jace said.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Isabelle informed.

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter." Alec said as a matter of fact. "The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave."

"Give it back to the Clave? No." Clary disagreed. "Not after everything we went through to get it."

"My brother is right." Isabelle said "The Cup is extremely important."

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec raised his eyebrow at his little sister.

"I'm full of surprises." Isabelle said.

"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back."

"I agree with Clary." Jace agreed with Clary "We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip."

"How about you, Elia? What do you think?" Isabelle asked and everyone's gaze landed on me.

"I—uh... I think we should keep it, for now. Let's give it back when they actually need it from us." I replied.

"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it." Clary said, "But, I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it."

"There you go. You have her word." Jace looked at us.

"Follow me." Alec sighed.

I walked over to his side, "You need to smile more." He rolled his eyes, and gave me a smile.

"Much better?" He asked.

"Yup." I smiled and his cheeks looked flushed for a moment. Bright pink made it's way to his cheeks, but immediately disappeared.

We, me and Clary, followed him to the training room and we walked over to the tile with a rune. Alec ran his stele on the rune, and the tile emerged from the ground.

"Alec, I realize I couldn't have done any of this without any of your help." Clary handed him the tarot card. "I wanna thank you."