16: Classic Possesion Hungover

|| Ophelia — ||

"Hey, Elia. Wait up." Alec called.

"Nice to see that you're doing well." I smiled.

"Listen, Magnus told me that you stayed with me the entire time I was... dying and I want to thank you. I knew you were there, I could feel you." He said.

"Alec, you know I'd never leave you and you're the only one I have left other than Isabelle, Magnus, Clary, and Jace." I shrugged.

"You know, Magnus told me you wouldn't stop crying. I didn't know you cared about me that much." He chuckled.

"Don't flatter yourself, Alec. I cried because, I didn't get to tell you how much of an asshole you are." I scoffed.

"Oh yeah?" He raised his eyebrow and a grin on his face.

"Yeah."

"True loves kiss..." he muttered and looked at me.

My face felt warm, and I could feel the embarrassment rushing through me and Alec chuckled.

"Well, this might not really be a good time but, I was wondering if you want to go on a second date with me." He said.

"I would love to. We could go to the greenhouse like old times or if you want we can go out for a drink." I smiled.

"That sounds great." He grinned.

I looked up at him, and our gazes lock on each other. We moved closer to each other, not breaking the gaze. "True loves kiss." He chuckled as we leaned closer our face centimeters away.

"Shut up." I smiled.

"Hey, Alec. Elia." We stopped and we both looked over to Raj. "Demon briefing in the ops center. All hands on deck."

"Hello, Raj. Last time I saw you, you were laying on the floor. How are you?" I smiled and he glared.

We both looked at each other, "Rain check?" Alec asked.

"Does that include the kiss or no?" I smirked.

He pulled me in for a hug, and tilted my chin to face him and leaned down to give me a short kiss. "So, I'm guessing that's a no, then?"

=====

"Demon attack downtown." Isabelle said and we stood in front Jocelyn and Clary.

"One mundane dead." I said.

"And we don't have Jace, so... you're with us." Alec said.

"Wait. You want me on your team?" Clary asked.

"It's not my first choice, but we're a man down, and everyone else is on patrol. Gear up." Alec said. 

We went to the area where the demon attack happened, we glamoured the area to prevent mundanes from panicking and to prevent them from interfering.

Luke sent off the cops that went to the scene and walked back to us.

"This is one nasty demon. Punched a hole right through his chest." Isabelle said.