iii. city of bones

-Edited: October 31, 2017-

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

Clary and Jace were the first to get out of Simon's yellow and claustrophobic van, and were followed by Alec who looked just as pained as me. Alec held out his hand for me to take. I smiled at him, and I held on to his hand with mine before stepping out of the van.

I extended my arms outwards, and rotated my torso to the sides. The sound of cracking emitted off from my bones. The sound of a soft thud was made after Isabelle got off of the van with a small smile on her face. 

"Let's go, we don't have all day." Alec said and everyone agreed.

We followed the fiery haired girl that is meters ahead of us. Her hair flew along with the gust of the wind, her boots clinked along the pavement to the Pandemonium. We continued to walk in the path we took a few hours ago, when Jace had his first encounter with the Fray girl.

"Dot!" She called, her voice echoed along the alleyway ever so lightly. She sprints ahead and we all exchanged looks as we ran after her "Clary!" Jace called for the girl.

"Clary, stop! Where are you going?" Jace asked. Clary stopped in her tracks and looked at us with a horrified expression on her face.

"Two men, Circle members." She begins, catching some air. "The same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her, we have to stop them!" She continued to sprint inside the now empty Pandemonium.

We chased after her once again, "No.." Clary's breath trembled as she took a halt in a dead end. Her mundane friend right beside her. "She was just trying to help me."

Clary held on to her necklace once more, in hope of getting anything from it but, all she got was nothing. No shining, no blinking, no anything.

"Clary, I'm sorry." Simon said and looked at her with pity and sympathy.

"You don't understand. Dot, is like my big sister." Clary explained and turned her eyes towards us.

"She's probably dead now, so you know what? I think we should go." I suggested with a shrug.

"Its not safe here." Alec said, "We have to go back to the Institute right now."

"So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot and we're just gonna give up?" Her gaze shifted between Alec and I. "What about my memories? They can't just be gone?"

"There is another option." Jace said, and just like that we knew what he was referring to, more like who he was referring to.

"Dont even-" "Absolutely not." "No, Jace." Alec, Isabelle, and I disagree immediately.

"Im not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jace added.

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary asked.

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers." I responded and rolled my eyes at the Wayland boy.

"Who posses the ability to recover memories." Izzy informed.

"A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Alec added.