12: Weddings & Promises

Song for this Chapter:
"War of Hearts - Ruelle"
(AN: the 'Malec' Episode is my favorite! Arghhhh! I love Malec so much! Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter.)

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

I sat down on the chairs by the center table, my feet propped up on the wooden table and I watched as the Shadowhunters prepare everything for Alec's wedding.

"Can you put your feet down, please?"

"No." I answered monotonously while I spun my stele around my fingers.

She just rolled her eyes and sighed, she placed the plates beside my foot. "Fine." I dropped my feet and got off the chair.

I walked to the training room, pulling out a dummy. "Hey, nice to see you again." I chuckled at myself, talking to an inanimate object.

I put some bandages on my hand, "If you actually had feelings you're probably crying from all the things people do to you."

I started throwing a couple punches, "If you were in my situation, and made a promise you're not sure you can keep. What will you do?" I leaned my head against the dummy "I'm asking a dummy for advice... Just give me a sign that tells me that I can do this."

My phone started ringing from the table and I looked to see who was calling me, it was Magnus.

"Hello, Magnus?"

"Ophelia, an old friend told me that someday, someone will come along who will tear down those wall you've built around your heart and when that love comes, you must do everything in your power to fight for it." Magnus said.

"Magnus, I don't understand." I muttered.

"Alec's getting married tomorrow to a woman he does not love, you must stop that wedding. Alec is in love with you and you are with him. You have to fight for it, no matter what anyone thinks."

"Alright, alright. I will. Thank you, Magnus." A smile crept into my lips.

"Make that man yours." He said, before he hung up.

I looked back at the Dummy "So, you have been listening." I smirked.

=====

"You can do this, Elia." Isabelle whispered in my ear, she braided my hair off to the side and she smiled.

I looked at the mirror, Isabelle fixed my make up before she left the room. She left me a beautiful long blue dress that showed my back and had a deep cut along the front.