21: Unum ad unum

|| Ophelia Whitestorm ||

I opened my eyes and I looked up at the figure who was snoring lightly. I looked up and saw Alec's face, his snores were soft. I chuckled at how cute and peaceful he looks when he's asleep and not grumpy.

I poked his nose and he snorted a bit, he looked down at me and a smile appeared on his face.

"Hey, how long have you been up?" He asked.

"Long enough." I chuckled and pecked his lips.

I got up and changed out of my clothes into new ones, "We have to get to the Ops center, we've been in bed for too long."

=====

"Hey.." Clary entered the room with Jace.

"Any leads?" Jace asked. He and Clary walk over to me and Alec who is standing in front of a holographic image.

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the Meatpacking District, and then the trail runs cold." Alec said.

"It's no use just tracking the dead bodies. With his ability to dematerialize, he could be anywhere." Jace said.

"Maybe we can help." Isabelle said, walking towards us with a unfamiliar blonde shadowhunter with her.

"Izzy!" Clary said and gave Isabelle a hug "We've been so worried about you. Where have you been?"

"Looking for Azazel." She sighed "This is Sebastian Verlac, from the London Institute. When the demon came after me, Sebastian saved my life."

"Oh, I simply lent a hand." Sebastian smiled. 

"Sebastian's an expert on all things Azazel." Isabelle informed.

"When I studied abroad at the Paris Institute, I specialized in Greater Demons." He explained.

"Thanks for saving my sister. Im Alec." Alec said and held his hand out for Sebastian to shake.

"Hey. Yeah, thank you. I'm Jace" Jace said.

"The great warrior in the flesh. Your reputation precedes you." Sebastian smiled. "As does yours. You must be Clary, Valentine's daughter."

"Yeah. Don't hold it against me." Clary chuckled.

"Well, we don't choose our parents." Sebastian said, he turned his head towards me and I realized I haven't introduced myself.

"I'm Ophelia. It's nice to meet you." I smiled and Sebastian nodded. We had our hands on each other longer than it should have and I quickly pulled away, "So tell us about Azazel. How do we take him down?" I asked.

"The only way to banish him is to puncture his demonic core. In corporeal form, it's between T8 and T9 vertebrae. But it's not that simple. The core is about the size of a pea." Sebastian explained.

"So the entry point's right below his sternum?" Jace asked and Sebastian nodded. "If I can get close enough, I can kill him."

"You wouldn't have enough velocity, and even if you did, the defeat's only temporary." Sebastian said. "The nasty buggers always find a way to break out of their realm and come back."