18: The Red-haired cat

|| Ophelia Whitestorm ||

"Magnus? Hello?" I entered Magnus' loft and looked around. "Magnus?"

A portal opened up just seconds after I came in, I lifted my axe and pointed it towards the portal. Magnus and Alec got out, and by the looks of it... they went shopping. I ran towards Magnus' bedroom and hid there.

"I mean, how would they feel?" Alec asked.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't ask in front of the sushi chef." Magnus answered.

"Well, seriously, why do they call it fatty tuna?" Alec asked. "I mean, that's a little degrading."

"Hmm, well... I don't think obese tuna sounds better." Magnus said in a joking manner.

"You know, as much as I love Tokyo and Prague, a bacon burger from the East Village isn't that bad." Alec said.

"The world is your oyster, Alexander." Magnus said.

"I got you something." Alec said.

"Me?" Magnus asked.

"Yes, you." Alec said.

I peeked through the door ever so slightly, and looked at Alec and Magnus. Magnus had a black bag on his hand.

"Open it." Alec said.

Magnus opened it and tossed the bag aside, "It's supposed to bring you luck and protection." Alec smiled.

"Thank you, Alexander. You continue to surprise me." Magnus said, Alec was about to open his mouth but, Magnus raised his finger and stopped him. "Ophelia, I know you're in here.

"Crap." I muttered, I opened the door and walked out. Alec stared at me, and so did Magnus.

"Ophelia?" Alec questioned, lifting his eyebrow at me. "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for Magnus, but... I guess he was busy." I shrugged.

We heard giggles coming from the upper part of Magnus' loft, it was Jace and probably some girl he hooked up with.

"I haven't had a roommate this brazen since..." Magnus said, and more giggles came "Well, since Casanova and I spent the night in the Doge's Palace."

"Ooh, Casanova." I smirked.

"I'll talk to Jace. He can't stay here forever." Alec said.

"No, no. Nothing a little magic can't fix." Magnus said and he snapped his fingers and music started to play in the background "All good?"

I coughed, and they both looked at me with a confused expression all over their face. I rolled my eyes, "Nevermind. I'll be on my way now, I don't want to get in the way of your little... um... flirting session?"

I turned around, about to walk out when someone grabbed my hand, "Hey, listen.. Me and Magnus we were just—"

"Flirting? Look, you don't have to explain yourself to me Alec. We aren't really dating, we just kissed a couple times and that doesn't mean anything to you. I get it." I smiled.