10: Divided

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

We're at the Infirmary, Robert was patching up Alec. He had a big wound on his arm and his back.

"Don't squirm." Robert said.

"I'm not. It doesn't even hurt." Alec said.

His phone started ringing and he dug his hand in his pocket and looked who was calling, it was Jace.

"No talking... Just healing" Isabelle said.

Isabelle took his phone and walked away to answer the phone while I sat beside Alec and watched Robert patch him up.

"I'll be right back, I have to get something for Elia's wounds." Robert said, leaving me alone with Alec.

I stared at my wrist that had the arrow bracelet, there was an awkward silence between me and Alec. I can tell something is bothering him, and that's bothering me. I just don't know what's bothering him.

"Hey, about what happened earlier. Im s-"

"Listen, Alec, I know you didn't want to tell me and it was wrong that I tried to force you to tell me. It's alright. I understand. You can tell me when you're ready." I smiled, and I held unto his hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Here, Elia. Put this on your stomach, this will help with the bruise, as for your arm, I suggest you don't move it that much, this applies for you too, Alec." Robert entered the room handed me an ice pack.

"Thanks." I smiled.

=====

I stood at the Ops center with Alec and Robert as we watched Magnus Bane do his thing, putting up wards on all the walls so nothing could get through.

"Are the wards solid now? Nothing will get through?" Robert asked as Magnus placed his wards on the wall.

He turned around to look at Robert, "Even my magic has limits. The wards won't hold off that Forsaken attack." He walked over to the next wall and he started to place another ward "But my protections will slow them down."

"Extra time is priceless." Robert muttered.

"No... say that after you get my bill." Magnus pointed out.

"Lydia will take care of that." Robert said and walked out of the room leaving me with Alec and Magnus.

"A Forsaken wound often needs a little warlock TLC." Magnus informed and walked closer to Alec "May I? Uh, free of charge."

"It's okay." Alec said, moving back and raising the bandage up "I'm fine."

"If anything were to happen to you—" Magnus tried to say.

"Magnus... I'm good." Alec assured "Alright? I gotta—"

"Go?" Magnus smiled "Of course. You're a busy man and I should find this Lydia person, payment upfront is just smart business. Where might I find her?"

"I haven't seen her, but if I do, I'll send her your way." Alec answered and walked down to the main room, leaving me with Magnus.