6: Valak and Maryse

Edited: February 03, 2018

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

Alec and Jace managed to track Magnus, and honestly, I expected something else. I didn't think someone like Magnus Bane would be the type of warlock to live in a disgusting and smelly factory.

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence" Jace pointed to the bright light that was being emmited from behind the fence.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary questioned with slight disbelief in her voice.

"Not exactly-- warlock glamour." Jace responded.

"Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close." Isabelle said, cautiously looking around.

"His protective wards must be down." Jace said, as he looked around and observed his surroundings.

"You-" Alec began but before he could get another word in, I decided to open my mouth to cut him off, "Stay close, we wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you."

Clary nodded, she directed her gaze on the raven haired boy beside me and she sent a glare to Alec's direction. We heard a man groaning, and we turned our attention to the direction it came from.

"

You guys go ahead. Alec and I will look into Magnus' layer." I said to which they all nodded in agreement to.

Isabelle, Jace, and Clary went to go to the area where the sound of a man in pain could be heard from. Alec and I went ahead into the bright light that shone from behind the fence. As we entered we were greeted by a warlock in glittery clothing fighting off a circle member. It wasn't long till he dealt with the warlock and sent him cold. 

"Well done." Alec complimented.

"More like medium-rare." Magnus turned around to face us. His mouth hung open, clearly stunned by the presence of Alec. Oddly, when he turned to face me his eyes widened even more and I somehow feel like I've met him before.

"Im Magnus. I don't think we've been formally introduced." Magnus said, walking towards Alec and I.

"Alec. Oh, uh, we should really... you know, probably get.." Alec stammered.

I rolled my eyes at the stammering mess, "I'm Ophelia. Now if you'll excuse us." I said, sending Magnus a bittersweet smile.

"Ophelia Rose?" He questioned.

"Yeah, how do you know that?"

"It doesn't matter. We should join the party." Magnus said to which Alec and I agreed to and we immediately walked out of the room.

=====

"Hold tight everyone, we're about to move." Magnus announced, as I sat on the couch with Alec.

In a blink of an eye, everything is on the floor. As I got up from the couch and looked around confused. My stomach hasn't felt this awful in years, this brings me back to my first time using a portal.

"Ah, much better." Magnus sighed. "Ugh, it's inevitable. After each move, I get the itch to redecorate-- normally, I love a dirty lair, but this one is just sloppy." He looked over to Alec's direction with a flirtatious look on his face.