7: Werewolves

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

We walked around Brooklyn on our way to her Loft, Clary took the lead and we were a couple steps behind following her. We saw Simon by the alleyway that has really bad graffitis in every wall and corner.

Clary and Simon took their moment while I stood beside Alec, who I am now ignoring for the meantime.

"Are you sure you're feeling up to this?" Clary asked Simon.

"Yeah, it's just a cold. Not the end of the world." Simon shrugged.

"Looks like it's more than a cold." I said.

"The world's been ending for a thousand years. Ah, you get used to it. Now, we need to move." Alec said.

"Yeah, my mom's loft is just across the alley." Clary said.

"All right, well, we have to be careful. There are eyes all over this place and everybody in the Shadow world is looking for you." Alec informed.

"I mean, I guarantee you, no one's gonna find this shortcut." Simon reassured. "I used to take it back in middle school to see Clary. You might know the Shadow World but trust me, I know Brooklyn. Come one." Gesturing for us to follow and he bolted right up the wall.

He led as through an area filled with vines and plants, "This area looks like it hasn't been visited in a long time."

We walked over to a ladder and Simon jumped up towards it, "Have you been doing parkour or something?" Looking rather impressed with her best friend.

We followed her and Simon up the ladder and in front of us was a fire escape with a couple flight of stairs. "You've gotten a lot better at this." Simon complimented Clary.

"I was just gonna say the same thing about you." Clary smiled.

"Climbing a fire escape excites mundanes. I'll never understand these people." Alec said.

We looked over the railing and there are runes on the walls, "Whoa, I don't remember it like this." Clary muttered.

"These are runes and wards of protection cast by a warlock." I said.

"Dot." Clary mentioned.

"Some of these have been here for years." Alec looked around and observed some of the wards.

"The only difference is now I can actually see them." Clary looked at the runes.

"Yo, Clary. What are all these tags?" Simon asked and looked at one of the runes, the stealth rune.

"You can see the runes?" Alec questioned and raised his eyebrow at the mundane.

"Yeah, kind of hard to miss." Simon crossed his arms.

"For a Shadowhunter." Alec mentioned. "This should be invisible to most mundanes."

"When did you get the Sight?" I asked, walking over to Simon looking at him suspiciously.

"I don't know." He chuckled. "But, whoever drew these should take some lessons from Clary. Their work is pretty sloppy."

"This is from when Simon and I were engaged to be married." Clary placed her hand at a hard with an arrow going through it that had 'SL + CF' written on it.