11: Trial and Payment

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

I walked back to the Institute not bothering to follow Jace nor Clary, I texted him, telling him that I can't follow them and that something came up.

I decided to hide myself away from everyone and I locked myself inside my room. I have been laying in bed ever since what happened with Alec. I feel so weak, I feel so mundane.

A couple knocks came from my door, "Elia?" It was Isabelle, maybe if I don't answer she'd go away.

"Elia?" She continued to knock. "I know you're in there."

I sighed, and swung me feet from my bed. I walked over to my door and I opened the door, "What do you want, Isabelle?"

"Am I not allowed to see my sister?" She asked.

I opened the door, and it revealed Isabelle looking beautiful as usual. Me on the other hand looked like something that just got hit by a massive hurricane.

Her eyes shot wide when she met my puffy and dead face.

"Ophelia, are you okay?" She gasped, and pulled me in for a hug.

"Yeah, I just haven't been sleeping much."

She entered my room, and she sat me down on the bed. She sat beside me and looked at me "What happened?"

"Nothing. It's just mundane emotions, they get me sometimes. Sometimes I forget being half mundane has cons." I chuckled softly.

"O, it's about the City of Bones isn't it?" She said, tugging a hair behind my ear.

"He could've killed me if he wanted to, Isabelle." tried to smile.

"Ophelia..." She trailed and looked at me with pity.

"It's funny, I would've let him kill me." I chuckled dryly and shook my head.

"Let's get your mind off of that. Help me out will you?" She looked at me and smiled.

"Alright, let's go."

"No, you are not going there looking like that." She crossed her arms, pointed to my entirety.

"Fine, dress me up." I rolled my eyes, and she gave me a sheepish smile.

=====

Me and Isabelle went over to the ops center with Alec, we haven't talked to each other since what happened at the City of Bones and by the looks of it, he wanted to keep it that way.

Isabelle worked on the monitors, I held the sensor in my hand and scrolled through some files, glancing over to Alec every now and then.

Lydia walked over to Isabelle and I with Raj beside her, "Isabelle Lightwood, by order of the Clave, you are under arrest for high treason."

"What?!" I exclaimed and walked over to Isabelle's side.

"On what grounds?" Alec asked.

"Only a handful of people knew about the Meliorn op." Lydia said.

"And everyone knows she's sleeping with him." Raj added, making Isabelle chuckle.