4: Vampires

Edited on: Nov. 29, 2017

|| Ophelia Morgenstern ||

We enter the Institute, the fiery red head extra fiery after what had happened. Which was completely understandable, she has ever right to be frustrated and angry. Her mundie friend did just get kidnapped by Vampires.

"I still don't understand. How can a Shadowhunter be better than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked while we made our way into the entrance hall.

"Because we protect humans." Isabelle responded, carrying the same blank expression everyone was.

"And we're a whole lot stronger, faster, good looking, and--" I said until I received a nudge from the younger Lightwood mouthing for me to stop.

"You're right." Clary ignored me and sighed "Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job guys, you rock" she said sarcastically.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec stated, earning a scoff from Clary and an eyeroll from Isabelle.

"Alec, not now." Isabelle said in a stern tone.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out." Jace explained, in attempt to lift the girl's spirit in some sort of way "They want the Cup, and they think you have it."

"But, why do they think that? Why does anyone think that?" Clary asked a question after another, "What? My mom lies to me my entire life except, oh by the way, there's this magic cup I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but dont tell anyone. What am I supposed to do now?"

I fixed my posture and crossed my arms, "You can shut up for a minute so, we can actually figure something out to save your mundane friend." I said and looked at Clary dead in the eye, "That is if he isn't Plasma snack yet."

Alec shook his head with a small smile before straightening himself and said, "We have to report to the Clave."

"Great." Jace and I muttered in unison.

Alec turned himself to face me and Jace, his eyes moved between us, "They have to know we've learned about Valentine."

"That what, that he's my father?" Clary asked with her eyebrows furrowed in frustration, "Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?"

"Clary, its all connected. The vamps want the cup." Jace said.

"Why? It makes new shadowhunters." Clary said as if it's no big deal, clearly unaware of the dangers of creating Shadowhunters.

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec answered and rolled her eyes.

"Plus, it controls demons." Isabelle added.

"And it can raise the Angel Raziel when combined with the other two Mortal Instruments." I glanced at the runed shadowhunters that stood before me.

"They'll propose a trade, Simon for the Cup." Jace said.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup, either way, I lose someone I love." Clary leaned on the wall exasperated, "What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?"