Gay

Steve turned and looked at his clock. It was 7:45 in the morning. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He got up and walked out to the kitchen. As he was pouring a glass of orange juice, his new IPhone rang. He picked it up and he looked at it confusingly and then clicked the button. "Hello?" He asked. "Hey Steve. It's me, Sam. Finally know how to answer your phone?" Sam laughed. "What do you want?" Steve asked smiling. "I was just calling to say that we need to talk." Sam said. He sounded a bit more serious than before. "About what?" Steve asked. "Just things. Meet me at coffee shop on Brooklyn Street in a half hour." and he hung up. "That's weird?" Steve thought as he put his phone down. 

He went to the bathroom and he took a shower. After he got out, he put a towel around his waist and walked into his bedroom. He put on a pair of jeans and his white shirt. He then put on his leather jacket and shoes and left. He went outside and put on his hat so he wouldn't be as noticeable. He also put on his nerd glasses. There! Just a regular person. He walked downtown for about 10 minutes and he finally saw Brooklyn St. He walked over and entered the coffee shop. He loved the smell inside. He glanced around and saw Sam sitting at a round table with his hoodie on. "Hey buddy." Steve walked over, patted his shoulder, and sat down. "Hey Steve." Sam smiled. "I ordered some coffee for the both of us." he said. "So what did you want to talk about?" Steve asked. "Well.. I don't want this to affect our friendship or anything, but I've met someone." Sam started. "Well that's good, why would this affect our friendship though?" Steve asked. "You didn't let me finish," Sam said, "It's a guy." 

--

"How long?" Steve asked. "How long have you been gay?"

"Sorry I didn't tell you, Steve." Sam said, taking a sip of his coffee. "So all this time, you've been gay?" Steve asked. "Yeah pretty much.." Sam said awkwardly. "Well you could've told me sooner." Steve said drinking his hot cup of coffee. "Well, at least I told you now." Sam replied. "Well.. yeah. Now that you've made a confession.. I think it's time I make on as well." Steve said putting down the coffee. Sam leaned in closer. "What is it?" He asked Steve. "Well.. I.. I actually think I'm gay too." Steve mumbled.

"Really. I already knew that." Sam said laughing. "What? How?" Steve replied blushing. "Well, a gay guy can tell when another guy is gay." Sam started to smile. "Don't worry I won't tell Tony." he said. "What? I have nothing to do with Tony!" Steve said. "Umm bro.. I can see it in your looks toward him. Yes you do." Sam said smiling. "I DO NOT!" Steve exclaimed. "Sure, sure, okay.." Sam laughed. "Damn. Is it obvious..?" Steve admitted, turning slightly red.

"No not really, I just could notice it in you." Sam replied. "Okay well I better get going, I'm meeting up with my boyfriend in about half an hour." 

"Oh have fun." Steve winked at him. "Bye man." Sam said. They both got up and did a cute (but manly) bro hug. 

After coffee Steve walked back home. "Was it really that noticeable?" Steve thought to himself. "I didn't think Sam would catch on. But he even knows about Tony. That's embarrassing. Tony can never find out. Besides.. he's got pepper? Right?" Steve got home and watched some TV. He relaxed on the sofa and fell asleep for an hour or two.

--

He woke up at around 11:00 am, to the sound of his cell. He took it out of his pocket and clicked the answer button. "Hello." He yawned. "Steve? This is Fury. I have a small little favor to ask of you. Meet me at Shield in about an hour. You can bring Sam if you want, but that's optional to him." Fury hung up. Steve put the phone down and decided that since Sam was probably occupied, he would go alone. He laid back down until he had to leave.