Revive

*six hours later (in Peru)*

Steve awoke with a jolt noticing that he had fallen asleep on the jet. "Um! Where are we now." Steve said wiping away small tears that had formed in his eyes and cleared his throat. Natasha glanced over at him, "We are almost there." Steve leaned up in his chair and cleared his throat again. "Tony was right," Natasha spoke, "You do talk in your sleep." Steve glared over at her. "Wait? Tony told you that?" Natasha laughed, "Yes. And it's completely true." She turned back to steering the jet. "So, what exactly was I saying in my sleep?" Steve asked turning to her with a curious look. "You were talking about Tony.. and when he died. At one point I was considering the thought of waking you up, but I know you hadn't slept in days so I didn't." Natasha said glancing over at him again. Steve just sighed. "Buckle up, we're going down." Natasha said and started lowering the jet.

Within minutes, Natasha had smoothly landed the plane to the ground. As she turned off the engine, she turned to Steve. "Are you sure you're ready for this?" Steve nodded with certainty and they both exited the jet. Steve looked around and noticed that the jet had landed in the middle of a small field with trees surrounding them from every other angle. "There's nothing here?" Steve said turning to Natasha.

"Well duh. That's the point of a hidden base. It's underground. These are the coordinates Fury gave me. Plus, I've been here before so I know what I'm doing. Follow me." Natasha replied and started heading towards the trees in front of them. When they entered the forest of trees, it got dimmer because the trees blocked out most of the sunlight. They walked for a few more minutes until Natasha stopped walking. Steve, who was looking up at the trees, bumped into her. "Oh, sorry." He mumbled as he stopped walking. 

"Stand here." Natasha said turning to him. She walked up to a large rock that was near them and tapped it with her knuckle in a rhythm of beats. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a camera ejected out of a tree that was on the opposite side of Steve. 

"What is your code?" There was a voice that spoke from the camera. Natasha turned and looked directly into the camera. "57784-93447." She said. "Welcome agent Romanoff. We've been waiting upon your arrival." 

Steve put his hands in his jacket pockets and looked around, waiting for what was going to happen next. Then, the ground below Steve started to shake slightly. "Oh! Steve, you might want to come here." Natasha said grabbing his arm. Right after Steve was pulled out of the way, the ground that he was standing on split in two and separated, causing a walkway to lead them down into an underground passage. "Well. Here we are. Let's go." Natasha said and started walking down the platform. Steve jogged after her.

The platform closed behind them and the ground returned to normal. They walked until they entered a room and there was a desk with two men behind it. "Agent Romanoff! So good to see you again! What has it been? A year already?" A man from behind the desk stood up and gave Natasha a hug. "Good to see you again agent James!" She replied hugging him back with a smile. "And Captain America. Sir, I am honored to meet you. And I am also dreadfully sorry for your loss. I'm just glad we can fix that." The man said looking up at Steve. "Ah. Thank you." Steve replied quietly.

"Tony is in surgery now and there is around six hours remaining until it is finished." The other man said walking over to them. "Where is he? Can I see him?" Steve suddenly spoke up. "You will be able to watch him behind glass while the doctors work on him." The man said. "Follow me." The man led Steve and Natasha down a hallway and into a room. The room was mostly bare except for a large pane of glass and a few chairs. "I'll um.. I'll let you two be." The man said and left the room. Steve slowly walked over to the glass and looked through. What he saw next he couldn't believe his eyes: 

Tony was there lying on an operation bed with six different doctors surrounding him. They were all working on unknown things on Tony. Steve didn't like seeing Tony like that. Too much blood. There was also a tube hooked up in multiple places on him, transferring blue liquid into his body. The most shocking thing that Steve saw, was this giant machine working on his brain. Half of his skull was off and the machine was moving rapidly throughout his brain doing various things that was unclear. 

Steve's mouth dropped and he hated seeing Tony like this but he knew it would be worth it in the end. Steve pulled up a chair that was near him and sat down. He would wait here until Tony was done. Natasha walked up behind him and put her hand on his shoulder. "He will be okay." She said trying to relax Steve. 

*six hours later*

"Captain Rogers...? Captain..?" Steve awoke to someone shaking his shoulder. He had fallen asleep in the chair he was in. He glanced up and saw that it was not Natasha but one of the doctors. "Tony? Where is Tony?" Steve blurted out as he stood up. The room that was once occupied by doctors was now empty. "Tony has been moved to one of our hospital bedrooms. I will take you there now if you like." The doctor replied. "Yes please." Steve said and he followed the doctor out of the room. They walked down the hallway until the doctor stopped at a door. Steve's heart skipped a beat; ready to see his boyfriend alive again. They walked through the door and there he was. Tony was laying in a hospital bed sound asleep as if nothing had ever happened. "He will probably be asleep for another twelve hours before he fully awakens." The doctor said as Steve sat down in a chair next to the bed. "Thank you. And, do you by chance know where agent Romanoff is?" Steve asked the doctor. 

"I do believe that she said something about a small mission from agent Coulson. She said to tell you she would be back here by tomorrow sometime and to not worry. She also told me just to let you sleep and tell you when you woke up." The doctor replied. "Thanks again." Steve said looking up at him. "My pleasure. And oh! I almost forgot. When Tony wakes up, he may be a little nauseous- just warning you." The doctor replied as he left the room.

For the next few hours, Steve laid by Tony's bedside holding on tightly to his hand. Tony stirred in his sleep and slightly opened his eyes. "Steve?" Steve immediately looked up into Tony's eyes. "Yes. Yes, I'm here." He said giving Tony's hand a slight squeeze. "Steve. I love you. Don't go away." Tony said. "No, never. I will never ever go away. I will never leave you." Steve said with slight tears rolling down his cheeks.

Tony lifted up his hand and stroked Steve's cheek, right before he fell back into a deep sleep once more.