Scanning Device

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Does anyone know what happened to @_NotGoingToStopMe on Wattpad?? I loved that account but it's deleted or something!! Her stories are no longer available and so is her entire account :(
________________________________________________________________

*THIRD PERSON POV*

"I especially liked those margaritas! Those were amazing!" Tony said to Steve as they ate breakfast. "Yeah, those were great." Steve said with a smile trying to play it cool. "So, what should we do today? I feel like we should go for a walk or something- to get New York back in our lungs!" Tony said in a cheerful voice, putting his dishes near the sink. "Or we could just stay here. I think today is more of a relaxing day." Steve replied with a hint of nervousness. 

After they put their dishes in the dishwasher, Tony left to go take a shower. When Steve was sure that Tony was in the shower, he immediately took his phone from out of Tony's bedroom and called Nick Fury. When he answered, Steve explained the whole problem of the world thinking Tony was dead. "I have a plan but I need to get it ready. Just keep Tony out of sight from the public and media for awhile until I give my 'ok'." Fury said to Steve. "How can I do that? Tony will think something's up?" Steve replied. "You can do it- you're Captain America for God's sake." Fury said and hung up his phone.

As Steve lowered his phone away from his ear, Tony walked out wrapping a towel around his waist. "Who was that?" He asked walking over. "Oh, um, it was Natasha. Yeah she said something about a stupid meeting that we missed this morning or something like that." Steve said shrugging. "Right." Tony replied with a smirk. "Steve you're a terrible liar."

"No really! That's what it was for." Steve said scratching the back of his neck. "Whatever." Tony said walking up to Steve. He gave him a small kiss. Steve had missed that so much. A rush of excitement rushed through Steve as Tony pulled away.

"God I love you." Steve said and crashed his lips against Tony's. Even though it had only been a couple weeks without Tony, he felt like it had been forever. They took small breathes in between the kisses. Tony slid his tongue along Steve's bottom lip asking for permission. Steve gladly granted it and their tongues fought for dominance. Eventually they slowly broke away. Tony was a bit confused as to why Steve was acting like this. 

They rested their foreheads together while they looked into each other's eyes. Steve couldn't hold it in any longer. The tears started rolling down his cheeks. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's wrong Steven?" Tony asked in a caring but confused voice. They walked into the living room and Tony sat Steve down. "Hey. It's okay. What's wrong?" Tony asked rubbing Steve's back. Steve just took a deep breath and pressed his head against Tony's shoulder. Tony embraced him in a hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I just love you so much." Steve whispered in Tony's ear. Tony pulled out of the hug and looked into Steve's blue eyes. "Hey, I love you too." Tony said with a smile. 

Tony was now even more confused as to Steve's behavior- although, Steve was the more emotional one in the relationship.

The rest of the day, Steve made sure that Tony stayed at home and wasn't seen. He just hoped that Fury was getting his plan into action soon. 

-----------

That late afternoon, they were watching a movie and eating pizza (that Tony burnt) when Steve's phone rang. Steve got out of the embrace that Tony and him were in and picked up his phone. It was Fury.

"Hello?" Steve said standing up. 'Who is it?' Tony mouthed to Steve. 'Sam.' Steve lied.

"Steve. the plan I was telling you about, it's operation go" Fury said. Steve mouthed to Tony to pause the movie and he walked out of the room for more privacy. "Fury," Steve whispered, "What is this plan anyway? What's going to happen." 

"Okay listen close Cap." Fury started, "Dr. Bruce Banner has come up with a device that can be used to clear the brain and the media of a certain memory or event that has happened by scanning the person and all digital data. We have successfully created a small robot shuttle to fly into space. This shuttle will have Banner's device in it and we will insert the event into the device and it will begin scanning the Earth- erasing everyone on Earths' memory of Tony's death."

When Fury finished explaining Steve spoke, "So even we will forget?" 

"You can also program the machine to NOT scan a certain person of a crowd. I have put in Maria Hill, Natasha Romanoff, Phil Coulson, and My name. Do you want me to add your name?" Fury asked. Steve was just about to say no when he changed his mind for some odd reason. "Yes, put it in. I don't want to be scanned to forget." Steve said. 

"How long will the scan take? And will it affect Tony at all?" Steve asked trying to hurry the conversation along. Tony was probably wondering what 'Sam' wanted.

"We are about to send the shuttle up right now. The scan should be around 24 hours. Banner has programmed the scan to be extremely fast. And no, it should not affect Tony at all." Fury replied and hung up. Steve lowered his phone down and put it in his pocket. 

Steve casually walked back into the living room and saw Tony just sitting on the couch on his phone. He walked over and leaned on Tony's shoulder. "Really? Flappy Bird?" Steve asked watching Tony play on his phone. "It passes time." Tony replied putting it down. They continued the movie while Tony rested his body on Steve. Eventually it got dark out and they got ready to go to sleep. 

They got in underneath the covers and Tony rested his usual position on Steve- one hand sprawled across his chest and the other tucked in between them. He lay his head on Steve's shoulder and kissed his jawline. Steve just smiled as he drifted off into sleep. Tony could not sleep for some reason. He lay awake while listening to Steve's heartbeat. 

--------------------

*TWO DAYS LATER*

Steve had still not let Tony leave the house yet. He was waiting for Fury's call of approval. It was 9:00 AM and Steve had just gotten back from the store because they were running out of food. He was getting used to the fact of forgetting that Tony had ever died but Tony was becoming more suspicious by the day. 

As Steve put groceries away, his phone rang. He quickly answered seeing that it was Fury. "Hello?" Steve said in an anxious voice. "Everything is a success. We've checked all the media and there is no sign of Tony Stark's death anywhere. We have also asked random Shield agents about it and they know nothing. The scan is 100% complete all around the world. He is safe to the public." Fury said.

"Thanks." Steve said putting away the milk. "Yup." Fury replied and hung up the phone. As Steve put his phone down, he saw Tony walk in. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. "You look tired." Steve said as he finished with the groceries. "Where were you?" Tony said yawning. "Shopping." Steve replied laughing. Tony had also been vomiting throughout the past couple days. The doctor warned that would happen. "I don't feel good." Tony whined like a baby. "Come here." Steve said. 

He led Tony into his bedroom and laid him down on the bed. "You need to rest. You just have a slight fever." Steve said trying to explain the vomiting. He tucked Tony in under the covers. "Stay in here with me." Tony said yawning again. "Alright." Steve replied. He said down on the opposite side of the bed and rubbed Tony's back and he eventually fell asleep.

Even though Tony acted as if everything over the past couple of days had been normal. It has been far from that. He had looked at Steve's recent calls. They were not with Sam, like he said, but instead they were with Fury. Tony figured it also had to do with Steve lying to him and being so overprotective with him too. Something wasn't right.