Secret

Tony opened his eyes to the bright sunshine shining through the window. For a moment, he had forgotten where he was but then he remembered he was with his lovely Steve. He was laying up against him. One hand sprawled over Steve's body, the other tucked near his waist. His head was resting upon his chest. "Good morning." Steve said as he saw Tony open his eyes. "Morning." he said yawning. Steve also yawned. Tony sat up and rubbed his fingers through his hair. "Maybe we can go all the way next time." Tony said turning to Steve. Steve sat up. "Yeah.. maybe." he replied with a small smile. Tony saw that his phone was buzzing on the bedside table. He rolled over onto Steve and picked it up. "Hello?" he answered. Steve listened to Tony talk while he was laying across his body. Tony hung up. "Well, Pepper is mad. She thinks I was with another woman last night and she says she needs to talk about some things." Tony said as he got up. "Well good luck with that." Steve said chuckling. They both stood up and put on their shirts. They walked out to the kitchen and Tony got his car keys. "Well, I better go. I'll call you later." Tony said winking at him. "Wait," Steve said. He walked up to Tony and as he turned around, Steve leaned in and kissed him goodbye. "Bye." Steve said smiling. "Damn he's a good kisser." Tony thought, and he soon left.

As Tony drove to Stark Tower, he was thinking about what to tell Pepper. 'I could just say it was a women. I cannot tell her about Steve and me. No. She would freak. She's gonna kill me either way, I might as well tell her the truth. But I can't!' Tony argued to himself.

As he arrived he got out and walked in. He took the elevator to his top floor. He decided that Pepper was already going to be mad enough so he was going to tell her the truth. No more lies. As the doors opened, he saw Pepper sitting on his couch talking with another man. "Excuse me? Who is he and what is he doing here? This is my floor. Actually, the whole building is my floor." Tony said annoyed. "Tony," Pepper got up, "I would like you to meet my new boyfriend, Nigel."

Nice to meet you Mr. Stark, it's an honor to actually meet you." Nigel stuck his hand out to shake his. Tony denied the hand shake and turned to Pepper. Nigel put his hand down awkwardly. "Oh.. Okay, so this is what you had to tell me?" Tony said. He was quite relieved that Pepper moved on from him. It made things easier. But Pepper thought Tony was upset. "Tony, let me explain-" Pepper started. "No no, it's fine. It's all fine." Tony turned to Nigel. "Do you mind if we have a few moments alone?" Tony said. "Sure.." said Nigel as he left the room.

"Tony let me explain, I-" Pepper tried to talk. "No," Tony interrupted, "I said it's fine."

"Tony look.." Pepper said. Tony interrupted again, "Pepper." he paused. "I'm gay."

Pepper stood there for a few moments letting that sink in. "Re.. really? Gay? I never would've thought." Pepper said. Tony went up to pepper and sat her down. "Pepper, I wasn't with another woman last night.. I was with Steve Rogers." Pepper's mouth dropped. "He's gay too!" She burst out. "Oh my God. Oh my God?" Pepper said shocked. "Calm down." Tony said putting his hand on her shoulder. "Steve and I, yes, are gay with each other. But, you can't say a thing to anyone!" Tony said calmly to Pepper. "Do you understand?" he said. Pepper slowly nodded. "Good." Tony replied.

"I never would've thought it would be with Steve either." Pepper said a hour after Nigel left. "Well surprise." Tony said grinning. "This needs to stay a secret." Tony warned. "No, no! I know! I won't tell anyone." Pepper replied drinking a glass of wine. "Good. Because I really do like Steve." Tony said. "Oh my God, I never would've thought that in my wildest dreams. You and Steve having sex. Gay!? And you really care for him too! How adorable." Pepper said. "Well I'm just glad that you found someone. It makes it easier on me and you." Tony replied drinking a beer.

"I can tell how much you like him," Pepper said, "You are protective and loving over him. You were a little like that to me once." Pepper said with a small smile. She walked over to Tony and kissed him on the cheek. "I have a meeting to go to. Bye, Tony." She said and left into the elevator. When she left. Tony walked over to the couch and watched some TV. He thought about the secret him and Steve were keeping from everybody.

The question is, how much longer could they keep it hidden.