Betrayal

*TONY'S POV*

I could hear the dripping of pipes. It smelt like we were in the sewer or something. The pain suddenly hit me. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked, adjusting to the scene. I turned my head. My hands were tied together in rope hanging me from the ground. My feet were probably around a foot off the ground. God this hurts my broken arm so bad. My suit was gone. I struggled with my good arm but it was no use. I glanced around the place I was in. Underground I assume. The pain was unbearable. I moaned in discomfort. "Ah! He is awake at last!" I heard someone say. I saw a tall man walk out from behind the shadows. The man was wearing a mask. I just dangled there while the man walked over to me. "Sorry this place is such a dump. Couldn't find a better place to hide all of this." The man said looking around. I looked around and saw all these people laying on test beds. "What is this." I asked in a faint voice. "Well, the Clairvoyant needed more room to host Project Centipede on people." The man said crossing his arms. "Why are you doing this." I asked. "Oh, I don't work with the people on Project Centipede, besides, half of the people die anyway." The man replied with a smile. "Then.. why are you here." I said trying to get loose. "Well Tony, everybody that survives the Project Centipede procedure, is assigned a mission. I assign those missions." The man said. 

Where is Steve when I need him. Hell, I don't even know where I am or who this guy is. "I guess you're probably wondering why I had one of my strongest men bring you here." The man said with a sigh. "Yeah... a little." I said in pain. "The Clairvoyant has granted me the permission... to kill you. And believe me, I've been waiting for this moment." The man said laughing. "Who are you." I asked struggling. "Oh! Right! I forgot I had this stupid mask on." The man turned his back to me and pulled of the mask. He turned and looked at me with a grin. "What? Why the hell you?" I said surprised. "Awe. That's it? I was hoping for more of a shock then that." The man said in an upset/sarcastic voice.

It was Nigel.

"The sweet taste of betrayal." Nigel spoke throwing the mask onto the ground.

"What did I ever do to you?" I asked breathless. "Oh Tony, you were always the popular kid in high school. Do you remember the little nerd, Miguel Lakefield?" Nigel said in a cold tone. "Ha, yeah. He was the geek who-" I stopped. He was him. Nigel was Miguel Lakefield. "Wait.. you were-" I started, "Yes! Very good, it is me. I am little Miguel." Nigel said with a smile. "Why do you want to kill me then?" I asked. Nigel walked closer near me. "You told everyone about Cindy Larson." Nigel said with an angry but quiet voice.

In high school, Miguel had  huge crush on the prettiest girl. Well, one of the jocks found out, told me, and I told everyone. "You can't still be mad about that?" I asked. "For years, I plotted my revenge against you." Nigel said ignoring me. "Wait, so you want to kill me because of that little thing?" I asked trying to ignore the pain in my whole body. "Well, and the fact that the Clairvoyant wants you dead. Once you became Iron man and stopped producing weapons for Stark Industries, you've simply been a pain in the ass to him. Wow, what is Steve gonna do. Oh, that was me by the way, who gave that video to the press." Nigel said smiling. "You little son of a bitch." I mumbled. He swung his arm  up and punched me. Everything went black.

---------

*STEVE'S POV*

"We need to look for him!" I said trying not to let my eyes fill up with tears. "Steve, we are doing everything we can." Fury said to me getting up out of his desk. "You don't understand! We aren't doing enough!" I replied slamming my fist up against the window. "Steve! We will find him!" Natasha Romanoff walked up and put her hand on my shoulder. I turned around. "Damn right we will. And when we find the man who did this, I'm taking him down." I said and stormed out of Fury's office. I saw Coulson walking up near me. "My team is doing all they can to track them right now." He said to me. "Good." I replied, crossing my arms. "We will find them." Coulson said to me and walked over to his team. I saw Agent Skye working on her computer trying to track them with Fitz and Simmons near her. Coulson was talking to Melinda May. I just stood there watching everything happen as if it was in slow motion.

Tony. My Tony. I couldn't lose him.

He's my everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE

Aweeee.....

Wow.. Nigel can really hold a grudge on people...

keep reading & hope you like it! :) 

(comment & vote <3)