Gunshots

There he was. The kill switch was just activated into Tony's brain killing him instantly. He lay on the ground and while Steve ran over and knelt down beside him, holding him...

"Steve! Steven!"

Steve jolted up in his sleep looking around the room in panic. Once he realized he was safe with Tony, he calmed down and just sat up for a few moments. Tony sat up with him and put his hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay? You were having a nightmare. You even woke me up." Steve just looked at him and gave him a small reassuring smile. "I'm fine." He simply said. "Do you wan't to talk about it?" Tony asked. Steve just looked away, "No. I said I'm fine." Tony kept staring at him and wrapped his arms around Steve, holding him in his embrace. Steve looked at the clock; 2 in the morning. "I'm sorry I woke you up." Steve spoke breaking the silence. "No that's okay." Tony replied quickly, "You've been having these nightmares every night haven't you."

Steve gave him a questioning look. "Have I waken you up before from these nightmares?" They looked into each others eyes. "Yes. But it's okay. They usually aren't that bad, but tonight you were tossing and turning and crying and talking. I couldn't stand to see you struggle like that so I woke you up." Tony said trying to comfort Steve. "Thank you Tony. In the dreams, you always are dying- or close to dying. It's terrible." Steve said leaning on Tony. "It's okay. I'm still here and that would never happen." Tony said rubbing his hands through Steve's hair. "It's okay, let's go back to bed."

-----

That morning, Steve woke up with one of his arms sprawled around Tony's waist and his head lying on Tony's shoulder. Usually it's the other way around but he didn't care. "Good morning." Tony said as he saw Steve open his eyes. "Hi." Steve replied looking at him. They both got up and decided that today would be a good day to finally return to the normal Avenger meetings and things. They both ate breakfast and then took an accompanied shower together. 

When they were out of the shower, Steve realized that nobody had seen them together in awhile. He was truly glad to express his feeling for Tony without having to do it in secret. He felt like when he was with Tony, it didn't matter what the press would say or think, and Tony felt the same way.

Steve and Tony both got dressed and went out to the living room. "I feel like going out today." Tony said as they sat on the couch. "Yeah I feel the same way." Steve agreed smiling. He picked up his phone and saw there had been a missed call from Natasha with a voicemail. Steve had never gotten a voicemail so he didn't know what to do. Tony noticed his confusion and leaned in on his shoulder. "Here, Steve. To hear a voicemail, just click on that button." Tony said pointing to the voicemail icon. "Yeah I was getting there." Steve replied laughing. He clicked the button and Natasha's voice spoke through the other line,

"Hey Steve, it's me, Natasha. I was just calling to let you know that Thor has come from Asgard. We haven't told him the news between you and Tony so we will wait for you to tell him. Meet us at the Avengers Initiative room at Shield HQ. Thanks Bye."

"So Thor's here?" Tony said glancing at Steve. Steve looked at him putting his phone in his pocket. "Yeah, I guess so. Feel like a visit to Shield?" They both stood up. "Sure. Let's go." Tony replied. they put there shoes on and Tony grabbed his keys and they took off towards Shield Headquarters.

When they arrived they saw a swirl circle pattern with symbols in the middle of the parking lot. Tony parked the car and they both walked in. "Well Thor's definitely here. That's his mark in the parking lot." Tony said as they got in the elevator. "Yeah. I wonder what's new in Asgard. Isn't Jane there with him?" Steve asked. "Yeah I think." Tony replied and the elevator doors slid open. They got out and walked through the set of double doors down the hallway. Steve saw that the Avengers were all sitting at the table. Everyone looked up and Tony saw Thor give an immediate look of confusion.