Kill-Switch Activated

*3RD PERSON POV*

Natasha was throwing a man to the ground when she glanced up. From the other side of the underground base, she saw Tony lifting up Steve by the neck. "Phil! Look!!!" She shouted to agent Coulson who had just shot a man. He looked up and glanced over at what she was pointing at. "My God." He said with his mouth dropping open. They immediately left the backup Shield agents to fight off the bad guys and they took off towards Tony and Steve. "Tony! What are you doing? Put Steve Rogers down!" Coulson shouted from behind Tony, lifting up his gun. Tony threw Steve to the ground and he gasped for air. Tony turned around and looked at Phil. "We all have our orders agent Coulson." Tony said trying to hint that he was being controlled. "God, not you." Coulson said under his breath. He lowered his gun. "Coulson. What does he mean? What's going on?" Natasha said glancing back and forth between Tony and Phil. Coulson turned to Natasha and told her about the kill-switch. "Oh my God." Natasha whispered to herself. Steve was slowly starting to wake up. Natasha saw a single tear drop from Tony's eye.

He turned around to Steve as if he was about to kill him. He looked down at Steve. Steve looked up, blinking his eyes into focus. "Tony? Why?" Steve said with tears swelling up in his eyes. "Don't lay a finger on Captain Rogers, Stark." Coulson shouted from behind Tony. Coulson had raised his gun back up and was about to walk closer. "Wait." Natasha said quietly putting her arm in front of Coulson. 

"Steve. I love you. I will always love you. When I first started to have feeling for you, I knew it was automatic love-at-first-sight. We had some fun moments with each other. We've made memories with each other. We've cherished every single moment with each other starting from when we first met. You are, and were my everything. You mean the most to me and I know that we would both do anything for each other. I also know that our time together has not been very long, but love has no age and that's all that matters. I just want to tell you, that I love you- and that I would die for you... and that's what I have to do." Tony said while little droplets of tears fell from Steve's and his face.

"No. they can fix you. Please. Don't do this." Steve said standing up. "No, Steve, I don't have a choice. I'm sorry." Tony replied. Steve leaned in and gave him a kiss. Tony broke away after a few seconds. "I have to do this." Tony said with tears strolling down his cheeks. Steve wiped away Tony's tears gently. "I love you." He said in a quiet voice. Tony turned away and walked to a table that was there. There was a pad of paper with a pen near it. He grabbed the pen and wrote down:  I will never work for you. You will have to kill me you son of a bitch. He lifted up the pad of paper and looked into it so the Clairvoyant could see through to it. The Clairvoyant responded through to Tony, "Very well, Mr. Stark. Have it your way. I have given you your chance." Steve regained his position. "No!" He shouted and ran over towards Tony. "No Steve!" Natasha yelled holding Steve back. There was a bright blaze of light and a loud shock. Tony fell to the ground. Steve struggled to go to Tony's side. Natasha couldn't hold him back and he broke through. "Tony! No..." Steve said sobbing, kneeling down to Tony's side. "No..." Coulson and Natasha walked over and knelt down next to Steve. Phil put his hand on Steve's shoulder. Steve leaned his head down and cried....

(ONE WEEKS LATER)

"Today we morn for the loss of the beloved, Tony Stark. Known as many great things..." 

Steve let the sound of the television drown out while he lay, tears rolling down his face, on his couch. His Tony was gone. He let him die. He would never be the same, ever, again. Everything was gone. There was nothing that could possibly make this better. Steve was shattered. There was a knock at the door. Steve ignored it and rolled over wiping away his tears. He was a mess. The door was unlocked and it was opened. He didn't even care if it was a bad guy. "Steve? It's me." Sam said closing the door. "I brought you lunch, if you were hungry." He said setting down the food. Steve didn't say anything. Sam walked over and sat down next to Steve. "Steve, I know this is hard for you. I just want to let you know, that I'm here for you... if you ever need me to be." He said, patting Steve's shoulder. No response. "Okay. Good talk. Well, there is an Avengers meeting and I gotta go. Natasha called your phone if you wanted to come." Sam said as he stood up. He walked to the door. "Bye Steve." Sam said and he left.

Steve just laid there, letting the tears come- and never stopping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The feels...... </3
I bet that was a complete shock... 

I feel almost as shattered as Steve......
:(

(Thanks for reading everyone!! +1,000 reads!!!)