(2)

Two weeks seemed to fly by since I was constantly busy with work and school.Thankfully two days ago schools let out and last-night had been my last night at work for two weeks.I had a few bags packed and stacked against the door, the only thing I really had left was a few comical items and my bathroom stuff.

In just two hours I'd find myself checking in my bags at the airport and on my way home.It all seemed to good to be true.

"Knock knock",called a voice outside my bedroom door.Vance poked his head through the opening giving me a wide grin.When he made his way into he room fully I noticed he held on hand behind his back.

"Whats behind your back Vance?"

"Well I figured I'd give you a little something before you took off".He slowly revealed his hand, holding out a flat white box.I starred at him suspiciously before grabbing it.I kept noticing the looks he was giving me as I opened the box.

"Vance I can't take this", I confessed.Inside lay a beautiful diamond bracelet accented in gold.It gave off a little shimmer if I turned it the side and looked way to expensive."You seriously need to take this back.I can't accept this for no reason".

"It's not for no reason,consider it an early birthday present".Vance was beaming to say the least."I figured since we couldn't go out for your birthday this year since you'll be with your parents for two weeks."

I closed the space between us pulling him in for a hug.As I pulled away I noticed a sad glint in his eyes but ignored it and slipped on the bracelet.It fit perfectly, just the right amount of tight and loose.

"So how about you give me a lift to the airport huh?I don't wanna leave my car there for two weeks".

"Alright grab some bags and we'll get going",Vance answered while grabbing a few bags.

Three hours and several grumpy people later I finally landed back in my home town.It looked a little chilly outside as fall approached and I was thankful I decided to wear a jacket.It took me twenty minutes of fighting crowds and trying to not get trampled before I pulled myself and my luggage out of the terminal.I scanned the parking lot trying to find my parents car in the midst of the chaos.

"Well if it isn't little Marlow",Yelled a voice.I spun  around coming face to face with my brother.Nick had definitely buffed up since the last time I saw him four years ago.His once pale skin was decorated in a fine tan and tattoos giving off an edgy vibe.For only being two years older than me he sure put my scrawny self to shame.

"Well I don;t think I would've recognized you if you hadn't said anything",I laughed out pulling him in for a hug.

"You sure haven't changed a bit that's for sure.Now come on mom and dad are waiting for you".

Nick pulled my bags out of my hand lead me towards a red pick-up trunk not far from where we were.We hopped in the truck after spilling my luggage over into the back and started off towards home.

"So I remember you being interested in the club before I left, but gaining a position in a few years!What made you jump ranks so quickly",I hounded him.He shot me a ridiculous look before answering.

"Well I happened to save the life of the current president.We went on a trip to deliver some supplies and got blindsided by another club.The former Sergeant in Arms got killed but I took a bullet for the president".I could only stare at him in shock.

"That's crazy stupid"!i could feel my face getting red at his stupidity,risking his own life ike ti was nothing."Well this president is gonna get a piece of my min for putting you in danger like that".

"Look sis it's what I do.Plus I don't think you'd want to go up against the president".

"Just watch me".

"Mars is so gonna get it",Nick said to himself as we pulled up to the house.My mom and dad stood on the porch waving wildly at us.