THE GALA

Destiny

Six and a half hours later and we still havent gone. I'm pretty sure we shouldve been leaving right about now.

What is taking them so long?

"Ready sweetie" my mom called out.

Excitement fills my body with each step. I have wished for this moment ever since I was ten years old watching my parents dress up in their best and return a giggling mess. My father didnt want me to attend when I was younger, stating it was no place for a kid, but he promised when I was today years old, hed allow me to go.

Now I can finally cool my mind and see what all the fuss was about.

"Look at you, youre so beautiful I cannot believe just some time ago you were my little baby now youre a WOMEN". My mom cries tears welling up in her eyes.

I disliked it when my mother cries, it was as if some magical force required me to sob as well. I guess that's our special bond.

"Mom please don't cause me to sob, I don't want to get makeup all over my face" I say trying my best to cheer her up, she fans her eyes with her hand to stop the tears and mascara, recollecting herself and adjusting the diamond clip she let me borrow, in my hair.

"My two special ladies look dashing tonight" I hear my father say from behind us. He wears a suit that complements my mothers beige gown, making him look even more handsome.

Everyone says we resemble each other because of our brown hair and green eyes. I, however, would like my mothers jet-black hair with hazel eyes. Her femineity showed on full display, radiating beauty anywhere she went.

" You look amazing honey" he says to me which makes my smile ten times more visible.

I love my parents. They werent strict but they werent lenient either, they were the best parents I could ever imagine having.

"Thank you, dad, but we need to hurry or were going to be late. I don't want to be late for my first gala guys" I beg them.

" Okay, okay but first we want to give you something My father states. I raise a brow in confusion.

"What is it"? I ask curiously, he reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out a black case almost identical to the one David had given me earlier, it's small so probably a necklace or earrings.

"Happy birthday sweetie" my mom said.

I mentally face palm.

How did I forget it's my birthday gift, I was so ready for the Gala that I forgot I still received gifts on this day, I was just so ready to appear.

My father hands me the box and gestures for me to open it, my eyes look upon the car keys.

Are they serious!

" I HAVE A CAR! IS THIS MY CAR? PLEASE SAY YES" I jump up and down.

This is really a dream I got a car; I can't wait to tell David about this.

"Its all yours but first you have to get your license before youre allowed to drive it, understand" my dad demands with a happy but authoritative voice.

" Yes of course

"Since that's out of the way we may proceed back to our night"

********

"Sir we're here" our driver Mike says to my dad. Thanking him my father gets out of the black car first before helping me, then my mother descends. Our dresses made it a little difficult to move from the sitting position of the car onto the ground.

We started towards the big mansion in front of us, I always thought this wouldve been held at some kind of hall, but it was someones home, I guess.

Maybe thats why it was so exclusive.

It was breathtaking, bright lights flash from the open garden space directly onto the house, a beautiful fountain presented a lady standing in the middle with water spraying out of her palms as if she was watering it from her being.

I brace myself before stepping inside, hoping I didnt embarrass my parents tonight, I tend to be a little clumsy under pressure.

Once I built up courage, my father announced himself to the doorkeeper and we were being escorted inside.

It was a sight to see. Everyone in elegant gowns and clean tuxedos either dancing, drinking, chatting having fun.

I smile knowing that now I can experience all these things, but first my mission is to find my best friend.

I walked around this entire house I think, I don't even know, this place is bigger than I thought. I looked for him everywhere and it didnt help that his phone went straight to voicemail.

Deciding I was going to give him a piece of my mind, I frantically sent him a threatening message.

"Watch where youre going" an angry voice rings loud into my ears. I didn't even realize I had fallen into someone. My lack of attention to my surroundings was the cause of this.

"I'm so sorry sir I can wash that off I-I didn't see you" I rushed. Looking for the closet washroom to clean his jacket off. I spot one near the corner and proceed to walk there or you can call it running.

I reached the door, opening it I encountered a bare and hard chest. My eyes looked at the culprit and my mouth went dry,

David stood with his dress shirt opened with his abs on full display like I have never seen before. He was sexier than I imagined.

"Destiny what are you doing" David said, before I can answer him someone speaks up instead.

"Why do you have to pull my hair? Its all messy now, people at the party will realize" Sarah complains to him, I cringe once I think about what happened to them in the washroom.

Eww, couldn't they have waited until they were in their own homes, why come to someone's party and be so disrespectful.

"She was getting me a washcloth" A deep voice say from behind my frozen body breaking me out of my thoughts.

I didn't even see his face before but as I turn to look at him, he is gorgeous.

"Who are you?" David asked the gorgeous man.

"My name is not important right now, if you two would excuse us we will find another " he leads me away, his hand gripping my wrist to follow, and I do.

David's pov

Who the hell is he and why does he have her like that?

"Baby, let's go back to the party" Sarah said to me, my mind however isn't focused on the party or her right now.

I must find Destiny, she's with an unknown man about to head to a washroom!

hell no!

***
Vote,comment ,share
😘💕💕💕