Chapter 6- Family of Rogues

MacKenzie's POV

Cisco, Caitlin, Jay and I were in another bunker of STAR labs when Barry walks in.

"Pretty amazing, isn't it?" Barry asks as we look at the breach in front of us.

"Still can't believe what I'm looking at." Jay says.

"52 breaches in Central City and the biggest one just happens to be in our basement." Barry says.

"We need a name for it." Cisco says from next to me.

"It's not a pet, Cisco." Caitlin says.

"No, it's a wormhole." We hear from behind us. We turn around to see Professor Stein walking in.

"Professor Stein, what are you doing?" Caitlin asks. "Your blood pressure is 147 over 82!" I have no idea what that means cause I'm not a doctor, and cause I'm only 12, but I feel like it's a bad thing. "You could pass out again."

"Oh, it's merely a few points above the 140 average for someone my age." Stein says. "Besides, I have some ideas I would like to contribute to this discussion, Dr. Snow."

"And I want to hear them." Jay says. "This isn't just a wormhole. It's my way home."

"Back to Earth-2." Caitlin says.

"Jay, you really think that we can use this as some kind of bridge from your world to ours?" Barry asks.

"Zoom uses the breaches. Why can't we?" Jay asks.

"We don't know how." Cisco says. "Everything we put through just bounces back."

"If Zoom's using these breaches to transport people from Earth-2, maybe it takes a speedster." Barry says.

Barry speeds away.

"He's not gonna--" Cisco says.

"Yeah, he is." Jay says.

Barry speeds back in and bounces right off the breach and he's thrown back.

"Maybe I'm not fast enough." Barry suggests.

"I don't believe your speed is the entirety of the issue, Barry." Stein says as Jay helps him up. "It might be the breach's stability or lack thereof."

"He's right." Jay says. "We need to think of the breach as a door, and on Earth-2, there's another door. In between we have a hallway, but the hallway's constantly shifting, twisting, collapsing upon itself."

"And the doors keep moving with it." Barry says.

"So we stabilize the door." Cisco starts.

"We stabilize the hallway." I finish.

"And then I can jump through it." Barry says.

"exactly , it would serve as a kind of cannon." Jay says. "A speed canon."

"Mm. We should hang out more." Cisco tells Jay.

"All right." Stein says. "No more tests today. All of you are leaving now, as am I. Cherish the gift of youth as I will go cherish my much needed nap. Clarissa's already on her way to pick me up."

We all leave the bunker.

***

Now we're sitting at Jitters.

Barry was getting us drinks as we sit around the table, Iris to my right, Caitlin to my left and Cisco next to Caitlin.

I look over and see Barry talks with Patty as he holds the beverages in his hands.