Chapter 15- Enter Zoom

MacKenzie's POV

Barry wanted Cisco and me to build targets for Linda to hit while she practiced to be Dr. Light. Cisco had the idea of making all the targets us, but for Barry it was The Flash, the target Linda is supposed to hit.

Joe looks at the target of him.

"Heh, dude. How long you been sitting on this?" Joe asks Cisco and Cisco holds up the target of himself.

"It's important to have hobbies." Cisco says and Joe laughs.

"This is ridiculous." Linda sasy, tightening her gloves and walking in the bunker with Caitlin and Barry, Flash.

"No, it's not. You look just like Doctor Light." Barry tells her.

"And with these gloves that Cisco and Mack rigged up, you'll be able to do what she does." Caitlin says.

"Don't worry, they are totally safe." Iris says.

"Ish." Harry says.

"Ish?" Iris questions.

"Well, come on, it's gotta be believable, so they really do fire and explode things." Cisco explains. I adjust my position on the metal rail I'm sitting on on the raised platform. "And you are going to have to let her hit you with those blasts when she gets the hang of it." He tells Barry.

"Who exactly came up with this terrible idea?" Joe asks and I point to Cisco. He came up with the idea, I made the gloves, we're like a team.

"Okay, it's not a terrible idea." Cisco defends. "The suit can absorb the blasts."

"For real or ish?" Iris asks.

"What does a terrible idea look like to you, Cisco?" Joe asks.

"Okay, you know what? I like to think I can see the bright side of things, okay? Positivity, people." Cisco says.

***

Barry and Caitlin walk over with Linda to the targets.

"All right, all right." Barry says. "So just hit the ones of me. Okay?"

"Got it." Linda says.

"Great." Barry says.

Linda shoots and her gloves go haywire and start shooting stuff and the targets catch on fire.

"Uh, you know what? I'm just gonna adjust those a little." Cisco says. "Mack." He says. "Screwdriver. Coming. Coming." He nervously laughs as he grabs my hand and pulls me to fix Linda's gloves.

"Just... Okay, so, um, do the opposite of that, and we'll have it." Barry says.

Linda walks around and tries shooting again. There was only one other mishap where her gloves caught fire, but other than that, she was okay.

A Flash target pops up in front of her and she shoots a whole right into it.

"Whoo-hoo-hoo! I did it! Did you see that?" Linda excitedly asks.

"Yeah!" Barry says.

Linda and Barry go for a high five but Linda's gloves shoot right at the platform we are on. I drop from the railing and onto my feet so I don't get burned.

"You all good?" Barry asks us. "You okay?"

"Sorry." Linda says.

***

"Okay, no offense to Linda, but there is no way she can pull this off." Caitlin says as we all, except Linda, walk into the cortex.

"Well, maybe if she didn't scream every time she fired." Harry says. I jump up and sit on the desk.