Chapter 10- The Fury of Firestorm

MacKenzie's POV

"Let me guess, you don't got car troubles." Jax says as Caitlin and I walk into his mechanic garage.

"I came to apologize. I'm sorry for what I said." Caitlin says.
"It's fine. Apology accepted." Jax says.

"Look, we could really use your help to save Professor Stein." Caitlin says.

"That desperate, huh?" Jax asks, laughing a little.

"Yes." Caitlin says and as she continues I look down at the ground. "My husband and her brother, Ronnie, he used to be Professor Stein's other half. He actually helped build the Particle Accelerator, and when it exploded, he was affected by it too. Ironically, that's how he got the chance to show the world what he was truly capable of. And he died saving this city." Her voice wavers.

"Wait, he was the guy that flew into the black hole? That was him?" Jax asks.

"He was a hero." I say, looking up at Jax with big eyes.

"You can be one too." Caitlin tells him.

"I never wanted to be a hero. What I wanted was to go to college, but we couldn't afford it. Football was my way in, until that got taken from me." Jax explains.

"I know." Caitlin says. "Look, I know the Particle Accelerator took something from you. But it also gave you something in return, something even more spectacular, the opportunity to be part of something bigger, to be part of a team that's working to protect people from losing what you lost. I believe you were meant to be a hero."

Electricity crackles and Jax looks over.

"Whoa, hold on." Jax says, walking over and we see Hewitt walk over.

"I've been looking for you, Dr. Snow." Hewitt says.

"Hey, look, man, we're-- ugh!" Jax exclaims as Hewitt shocks him with electricity and sends him flying backwards.

"You did this to me!" Hewitt exclaims, walking closer to us, sparkling with lots of electricity and my quakes shake the garage. "But it's not what you promised, is it? Is it?"

Jax throws something at Hewitt, hitting the back of his head and he goes unconscious.

"Come on!" Caitlin exclaims to Jax. "Mack, let's go."

"Where to?" Jax asks, running to Caitlin's car.

"S.T.A.R. Labs." Caitlin says, driving. "Mack, you okay?" She asks, looking in the rearview mirror at me and I put a weak thumbs up, my quakes draining some of my energy.

***

"Caitlin." Barry says as we walk into the corex with Jax.

"What's wrong?" Caitlin asks.

"Come here." Barry says, walking us into the med bay.

"Oh, good, you're here. This thing, it ran out, like, 30 minutes ago." Cisco says, talking about the energy source.

"His temperature is 142 degrees and rising fast." Barry says.

"He's going into rapid oxidation. We need to find a coolant." Caitlin says.

"I think it's too late for that." Cisco says.

"I'll do it. I'll merge with him." Jax says and we look at him. "You said this is a chance for me to be a part of something bigger than myself, to help people. That's what I want."

"You're sure? Once you merge, there's no going back on this." Barry tells him.

"And you said I could fly, right?" Jax asks.