Chapter 49- Invincible

MacKenzie's POV

"Cisco." I whisper and I point to the computer.

"Barry, we got a major meta-human alert at 5th and Main... get there." Cisco tells Barry through the comms.

"5th and Main. Got it." Barry says.

I watch Barry's location move on the screen and then he stops.

"Why is it always so difficult to choose?" We hear a woman say through the comms.

"Barry, what is it?" Cisco asks.

"It's... Laurel Lance." Barry says.

"Hack it." Cisco says to me and I start to hack the streetlight cameras and we see Barry and Laurel facing each other.

"Laurel Lance is dead." Laurel says. "On this Earth, anyway. Poor Black Canary. Bye-bye, birdy."

"Earth-2 Laurel." Cisco says.

"You knew her doppelganger?" Harry asks.

"We didn't just know her, we loved her." Caitlin says.

"So... what do I call you?" Barry asks.

"You can call me Black Siren." Laurel 2 says. "Zoom mentioned that you might be showing up."

"If he told you what I can do, you should look more afraid." Barry says.

"And so should you." Laurel 2 says.

"Tell me, why did you take down Mercury Labs?" Barry asks.

"Because I like to watch things crumble and fall." Laurel 2 says. "Guess what. You're next, red." She screams some kind of weird blast and Barry's knocked to the ground.

"You okay, Barry?" Caitlin asks.

"Look. Anything over 200 decibels will kill a human." Harry says.

"Was that too loud?" Laurel 2 asks. "Perhaps we should quiet things down a bit." She starts punching Barry. "You know, the sad thing is, I think Zoom's actually afraid of you. And I didn't think that he feared anything. And you, you're hardly worth the chills. How many metas did he send to try and kill you? Well, it's too bad. He should have just sent me because that way, you would have already been..."

A car hits Laurel 2 and Barry jumps in the car. Then the car speeds away.

Barry speeds back to the cortex and Caitlin fixes up his bleeding ears.

"Why do so many villains that we go against use sound as a weapon?" Caitlin asks.

"What?" Barry asks loudly.

"Nothing." Caitlin says. "You're gonna be fine."

"Thanks." Barry says.

"So Wally just drove on up into the thick of it?" Joe asks.

"Mm-hmm." Barry says.

"Must have been some conversation you two had, seeing as though he did literally the opposite of what we wanted." Joe says.

"This I can hear." Barry says.

"It's not funny." Joe says.

"I'm sorry." Barry says.

"I'm in no laughing mood." Joe says.

"Look, Joe, I tried. I told you I would try, right?" Barry says. "I... Wally's a determined kid."

"Yeah, determined to get himself killed." Joe says.

"Or determined to help people." Barry says. "And be glad, or you know, I would not be standing here right now."