Chapter 20- Legends of Today

MacKenzie's POV

"He just hit 1,375." Caitlin says as her, Harry and I watch Barry run on the treadmill.

"What's the fastest Barry's run?" Harry asks.

"Little over Mach two, when he ran back in time." Caitlin says.

"That's not good." Harry mutters and then he turns the mic on so he can talk to Barry. "That's good, Barry. We have our work cut out for us."

"I'm not getting faster, am I?" Barry asks, coming into the room.

"Well..." Caitlin starts.

"No, you're not." Harry tells Barry.

"All right, well, let's fix this, right? I mean, I can't beat Zoom at this speed." Barry says. "It felt like I was standing still next to him."

"That's because you practically were." Harry says. "Zoom is at least three, four times faster than you at this point."

"How is he so much faster than Barry is and Jay was?" Caitlin asks.

"Physiology, form, strength, could be a number of things..." Harry says. "Attitude, diet."

"Okay, all right, well, there's got to be something we can do about it, so let's just figure it out... fast, okay?" Barry says. His phone rings and he looks at it. "All right, I got to go. I'm meeting Patty. I'll see you. Thank you." He says, leaving.

"So how are we going to help Barry?" Caitlin asks. "I'm out of ideas."

"Me too." I say. "Plus, we've tried everything you've suggested." I tell Harry.

"Well, not everything." Harry says.

***

Cisco left me alone in the cortex so he could go on a date.

I spin in one of the chairs until I see a flash of light.

"Barry?" I ask, standing up, but he was already gone.

Then, Barry brought Cisco and a girl, Kendra who is Cisco's date, back to the cortex as Joe, Iris and Caitlin join me.

"I can't believe you're The Flash." Kendra says , looking at Barry's suit on the mannequin while Barry stands unmasked on the other side of the suit. "And that you work with The Flash." She says to Cisco.

"Yeah, let's keep that on the DL." Cisco says, laughing a little.

"This is the same knife that was used to kill the men at the docks. Residue is a perfect match." Barry says, pointing to the mask on the table.

"So it is the same guy." Joe says.

"Definitely. But the thing is, these blades are old, centuries old." Barry says.

"Do you have any idea why this guy would be after you?" Iris asks.

"No, I've never seen him before in my life." Kendra says.

"Well, he was certainly acting like he knew you. He kept calling her Priestess Chay-Ara." Cisco says.

"That's Coptic." Harry says.

"Egyptian." I say.

"That's right, Ray." Harry says.

"Well, I grew up in Wisconsin, and I've never even left the States, so..." Kendra trails off.

"This guy, he's clearly incredibly dangerous, so I need you to at least let us try to protect you." Barry tells her.

"I can put a detail on her." Joe says.