Chapter 29- Fast Lane

MacKenzie's POV

I sit on my table in the back Cisco and mine's workroom as Harry works at a different desk.

Harry mumbles stuff to himself that I can't hear, but I just continue working on my circuits.

"Oh, hey." Barry says.

"Hey." Harry says.

"You're here late." Barry says.

"As are you." Harry says. "Shouldn't you be out... doing whatever it is that 26-year-olds do on a Thursday night?"

"Um, I am recently single." Barry says.

"Ah." Harry says.

"So, I thought I would tackle the breach problem. See if I could figure out how to close them. Looks like you had the same idea." Barry says.

"Right. I work better alone." Harry says.

"Oh, no, haven't you heard the expression two heads are better than one?" Barry asks.

"No." Harry says.

"Must be an Earth-1 thing." Barry says.

"You understand, for me, that my Earth is Earth-1?" Harry asks.

"Yeah." Barry says.

"Your Earth has yet to create CFL quark matter, and so it would take you too long to catch up on the science haul. Do it by myself." Harry says.

"This science?" Barry asks, holding up a book.

"Yes, that science." HArry says.

"Watch this." Barry says.

"Barry super reads the books.

"That's annoying." Harry says.

"Wow. All right, I'm all caught up for the next, like, 30 minutes, give or take. Looks like I missed one though." Barry says, reaching for another book but Harry slams his hand on it.

"All right, you can assist, but I'm in charge." Harry says.

"Yeah, you're in charge." Barry says.

"Well, I'm tired." I say, jumping off my table and walking towards the door.

"When did you get here?" Barry asks, looking at me. My table is kinda in the back and where I sit is hidden behind a shelf, it's kinda great for eavesdropping, or scaring people.

"I'm always here." I say, shrugging before walking out and going to the cortex to go to my crawl space room.

***

"Okay, now click here." Cisco tells Barry as they walk out of the elevator I'm waiting for them by, "Bam, that's my app. See, the app just went live. So, you can sink up all social media postings about meta-human activity. Somebody sees something cray in Central City, I get an alert about it." We walk through the halls as Cisco talks.

"Yo, man, you have too much time on your hands." Barry says.

"Oh, I thought you were gonna say it was cool." Cisco says and Barry laughs. We walk into the cortex. "I'm just saying, you can't judge me. Didn't your girlfriend just break up with you?"

"Yeah?" Barry asks.

"Pretty sure she just did." Cisco says.

"Hey, Harry." Barry greets. "Wait, so if that app gives you eyes and ears all over the city, then why don't you use it to find the next Ms. Right?"

"Did I just make the meta-human Tinder?" Cisco asks.

"Mm-hmm." Barry says.

"Nope, not starting that fetish." Cisco says. "Stop about checking your profile. This is not a place for that." Cisco tells Barry as he types on the computer.