Chapter 39- Versus Zoom

MacKenzie's POV

"Okay, you guys. I'm here." Barry says through the comms. "You got my location?"

"You're good? You don't need to, like, stretch or something?" Cisco asks Barry.

"No, no, no, I'm good, I'm good." Barry says.

"Let's take this tachyon enhancer out for a test drive." Cisco says.

I turn my body on the desk so I can see Cisco's computer.

"All right. Hoo, yeah. I feel that." Barry says.

"That is the tachyon device powering up the Speed Force in your cells like a quick charge battery." Caitlin says. "How do you feel?"

"Different." Barry breathes.

"Let's see how long it takes you to get back here." Cisco says. "On my count. Three, two, one. Go!"

Barry runs and we watch him race.

"Dang, this thing got you cruising." Cisco says.

"How fast does he normally go?" Iris asks.

"Not this fast." I say.

"Not even close." Cisco says. "Are his vitals okay?"

"Yeah, they're perfect." Caitlin says.

"Cool. It's like having a pit-stop attached to your chest." Iris says.

"Guys, I can go faster." Barry says through the comms.

"Do it." Cisco and I say at the same time.

Barry speeds in and whips his mask off, coming to a stop.

"I'm back. What... how long was I gone?" Barry asks and I look at him in confusion.

"Let's put it this way, you just annihilated your old record." Cisco says.

"Yeah, you went four times faster than you have ever been." Caitlin says.

"Four times?" Barry asks. "That's as..."

"Fast as Zoom." Harry says, walking in. "Well, faster actually."

"Hey, uh, do we think that, um, we can get this thing smaller?" Barry asks. "It kind of sucks."

"If it sucks, then, yeah." Harry says.

"All right, so now all we have to do is figure out how to get back to Zoom." Barry says.

"Yes, uh, just a minor issue." Cisco says and I jump off the desk and go to stand next to him as he talks. "We closed all the breaches and have no idea how to reopen them."

"That seems more like a big issue." I tell him, crossing my arms.

"We don't... Um, Wells?" Barry asks.

"Yeah, I have an idea, Allen." Harry says. "Let's keep the breaches closed forever. Forget about the breaches. Forget about Zoom."

"Wait, I'm sorry, I thought that you were on board with this." Barry says.

"No. No. I said I would help you get faster." Harry says. "I did not say I would help you give the man who kidnapped my daughter and tortured her a chance to do it again."

"Hey, we are not gonna let that happen." Iris says.

"Oh, you're not gonna let that happen. Gosh, I wish I'd known that the first time." Harry sarcastically says. "You don't understand Zoom is different than us. Zoom is not tied to anything. Zoom does not care for anyone. I do. My daughter's out here on this Earth somewhere. I have to find her. We all have people that we care about. Zoom will use that against us. Believe me."

"Maybe we should just leave it be." Caitlin suggests.

"No, no. Look, no." Barry says. "Look, we're... We're not turning our backs on another Earth. We're not gonna let Zoom get away with everything that he's done."

"Right now, there is no way to another Earth, Allen." Harry says. "Let's keep it that way."

"We're getting back to Earth-2." Barry says. "With or without his help."

"Let's go to work." Cisco says and him and I leave the cortex with Caitlin following behind us.

***

Cisco, Caitlin and I are staring at the whiteboard with a boat load of math and stuff like that on it.

"Hey. Wow." Barry says, walking in and seeing us. "Um, any ideas?"

"Well, the best plan we've come up with so far is to set off a nuclear warhead next to the city's electrical grid, so..." CIsco says.

"We're not gonna do that." Barry says. "Um... I think I thought of something though."

Barry leads us into Cisco and my workroom where Harry is working.

"Tell me everything that you know about Cisco's doppelganger." Barry says to Harry.

"Reverb." Harry says.

"What were Reverb's powers on your Earth?" Barry asks.

"He could tap into the multi-dimensional energies between Earths." Harry says. "He could see through dimensions. Find breachers, like Ramon."

"I mean, we... we saw Reverb do more than that though, right?" Barry says. "I mean, we saw him shoot vibrational bursts out of his hands. Really painful ones."

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asks.

"I... I mean, Reverb had the ability to somehow manipulate that multi-dimensional energy." Barry says.

"What's your point, Allen?" Harry asks.

"My point is... if his powers are linked to the energy that ties together the multi-verse... if he can manipulate it..." Barry says.

"Then he can open a breach to any Earth he wants." Caitlin says.

"Exactly. And if Reverb could do it..." BArry says.

"I could do it too." Cisco says.

"Cisco, I think the way back to Earth-2 is you." BArry says.

***

In the bunker, Cisco tries to open a breach as Caitlin, Barry and I watch.

"I got nothing." Cisco says.

"Try again, okay?" Barry tells him.

I walk over to Cisco as Barry and Caitlin talk.

"You got this." I tell Cisco and we fistbump.

"Barry, what if he can't do it because he thinks he can't do it?" Caitlin asks.

"He can do it though." Barry says. "You can do it."

I step back as Cisco tries again. Then, he fails.

"You... it's gonna work, okay." Barry says. "Maybe we're just not in the right place."

"Or maybe I'm just not the right man for the job." Cisco says. "Right? Let's go."

"Cisco." Barry says as Cisco pulls me out with him.

"Sorry." I whisper to Barry.

"I'm sorry, Barry." Caitlin says and she follows us.

"Cisco." I say as he pulls me through the halls. "Cisco." I say again, stopping in the middle of the hallway and he's forced to stop as well.

"What?" Cisco asks.

"What's wrong?' I ask him. "I know you. I know you can do this. You just gotta get out of your own head."

"Sounds like something I told you." Cisco tells me, laughing a little.

"But it's true." I tell him. "You got this."

"Okay." Cisco says 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked that chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Next chapter up WEDNESDAY

-MC