(7) Konoha

Mitsuko POV

A garden. I had made a garden here. It was an indoor one in the corner of my house.

I didn't know what came over me but one day I decided to build one and after that, I quickly found out what had made me feel so homesick. I missed the plants I used to grow so to help me deal with it I made this little thing.

I can feel my heart lighting up just a bit when I'm around it. I knew there were a couple of flower shops in the village and I wondered if I could work there after I grew older. Perhaps I could. It depended on when I would get married.

"Hey father," I said going up to him, "can I go work?"

He looked at me with a frown, "No."

"Pleas-"

"No."

I shrugged before going outside and as soon as I did I saw people slightly bowing from distance.

I looked in the distance to see a white-haired man and it wasn't until he was closer to me that I realized who he was.

Tobirama-sama was it?

He had three red markings on his face and his pale skin and presence fascinated me. He was Hashirama's brother so what was he doing here? I gave a small bow to him when he passed me by and I immediately frowned. Did something happen?

I had seen all of the important shinobi at least once except Hashirama-sama. Of course, I'd seen some more than others. I stiffened when I realized I was staring into blank space so I looked back forward and went back to walking.

I decided not to get involved and I walked away from home but stopping when I saw a little flower shop. My eyes widened and I immediately ran back inside.

"There's a flower shop really close to our house outside."

He looked up at me, "And?"

"I want to work there," I said looking at him.

He sighed looking at me with a concerned look, "You don't even know if they'll accept you or not, do you?"

I blushed, "Yeah, I don't."

He looked down at the ground, "Then no."

I frowned, "In a month maybe?"

He stared at me before shrugging, "Yeah, sure."

I knew he didn't think I was serious but I was.

A month later...

"Where do I put these?"

"You can just set them down over there, Mitsuko."

I set down the lilies on one of the wooden shelves. I looked at them for some time before going to get more of them and laying them all down on the shelf in a row. In my mind, I was laughing but my face was neutral.

I  knew my father would probably be wondering where I was by now but I knew he would never find me, not until I told him that I was working. If he tried to tell me that he didn't give me permission I would repeat his very own words.

'Yeah, sure'

It wasn't like me to be so feisty around such things but the fact this had to do with me and plants put a big dent in my personality.

I spent a good chunk of time at the flower shop and by the time I got home he looked angry.

"Where were you?" he asked.

I frowned, "At the flower shop."

"Doing what?" he asked.

"Working."

There was silence.

"But I told you-"

"Yeah sure. You told me 'yeah sure' I could do it."

His face immediately dropped and I sighed, "I just wanted to be reminded of grandma's garden that's all."

He stared at me for a long time before he finally  said something, "Fine," he said, "I'll allow you to for now."

I jumped up out of nowhere and ran back outside.

"Where are you going?"

"Into Konoha."

I walked straight into the forest around Konoha and sat down in silence. Maybe being here wasn't so bad. I watched the dark place light up with fireflies.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 7 | Konoha

Vote

Comment

:)