(15) Honesty

Mitsuko POV

Days passed and life went on. I ended up working more and more as time went on and I ended up liking it quite a lot. It made me happy. Almost as happy as planting at grandma's cottage did. It brought back memories every time I did it. In fact, I wondered when I would get to see grandma again. It had been quite the months that had gone by and none of us had ever seen her or talked to her.

Although part of the reason why is because her cottage is quite far and I'd rather spend more time family.

Though I work so late I haven't had time to make time for me to see them a lot these days. I wanted to be able to talk to them more. I sighed before putting the lock into the door and closing it shut. I was closing the shop up now that it was evening. I slipped the key into one of the pockets on the apron. I was responsible for bringing the key back early tomorrow morning.

The sky was a purplish blue as the sun was almost done the setting. I usually would already be walking home by now but as of right now I don't want to. I need to do something with my time. Something that could make me feel even just a little more exciting. More or less a way to substitute for going to the river. I couldn't risk seeing Madara but I couldn't go anywhere without there being people in the village.

There was nowhere quiet enough or amusing enough for me to do anything.

I sighed before deciding just to take a walk around the village. I lived towards the east side of the village but what if I walked towards the west side? I could possibly get lost but I really wanted to go somewhere else other than here.

I took a deep breath and decided to just go walk. I could probably just remember where I was coming from.

I neatly folded my hands and walked quietly on the path towards the east and I came to quite a populated area. It was filled with people. I turned down the path and looked around attentively. I was just a bit shocked and that's when I remembered that the majority of shinobi lived on the west side. The Uchiha compound was on this side of town.

I looked at the ground before turning around and walking away back towards my side of the village.

I didn't want to think of Uchiha's right now because the name only brought one face back into my memory. A face that I shouldn't see but I really wanted to see. In fact, I really wanted to see itso it could be fresh in my memory. In truth, I wanted to see him so badly. I knew it now. I wanted to see his black hair again and I wanted to have a conversation with him again.

I clenched my fists as I speed walked out of the overpopulated place. I just wanted to escape.I was going home. I felt like my heart was crumbling. Did I really like him that much?

So he made me feel at peace when I was with him? And he saved me from some shinobi that were trying to kill me...he calmed me down and made my heart beat through my chest at the same time. What made him so important to me? My heart ached and before I knew it I could feel tears running down my cheeks.

I wiped them away with a frown. Why was I crying?

Why did my heart ache so much?

I made it home and knocked violently on the door. Father opened and when he saw me he made a concerned face.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

I passed him by and rushed to my room tears still streaming down my face.

Madara kept running through my thoughts and I curled up on my bed as I felt myself shake. I supposed being away from him did bother me.

It made me cry so it must of meant something to me.

He was something I didn't want to be away from.

Someone I valued.

I stayed in silence lying there as if I was lifeless with a straight face and before I knew it I fell asleep.

...

It was morning and I made it to the shop to work and I was completely out of it.

"Mitsuko?"

I looked over at Suzuki-san.

"You look extremely tired."

I blinked twice,"Oh, I'm just... well...tired I guess."

She tilted her head,"Go home, Mitsuko. You need to rest. I'm worried about you."

I stiffened,"Okay. Thank you."

I bowed slightly before exiting the shop and walking back home.

I entered and went to my room. Some minutes passed and the door creaked open,"Oh, father, Mitsuko's still home," Hanako said.

I sat there staring at her and a few seconds passed and father walked in and looked at me with sad eyes before telling Hanako to leave the room.

She did as she was told and father closed the door and faced me.

"What happened yesterday? Why were you crying?"

I blinked twice as I felt water come to my eyes,"If I tell you I'll only end up crying more. It'll make you upset."

Father scoffed,"What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath in and grabbed a pillow ready for him to react,"I miss him terribly."

"Who?" father asked.

I looked at him and back down,"M-Madara."

There was a silence.

"Really Mitsuko?! Still?!!"

I nodded and I watched his face get red with anger.

"Leave!"

My head rose,"What?"

"Leave! Don't come back to this house until you get rid of this...this attitude!"

"What?"

"LEAVE!" he said yelling.

By now the door was already open and my two little sisters stood there shocked. I could feel more tears come to my eyes.

"F-Fine i-if that's what you want," I said stuttering,"I-I'm leaving."

I got up quickly and struggled to put my sandals on.

"Don't bother coming back at night either," I heard his voice say,"not until you realize he's a shinobi and who he is."

I walked to the door opened it up and walked outside. I felt tears continue to rush down my cheeks and I rushed outside the village and I walked and walked and walked until I came to a familiar place. I must've been walking for an hour or two but it was worth it because I made it to a place surrounded by flowers and with a small cottage.

I knocked on the door and was met with a smiling face.

"Mitsuko, honey, you're here?"

I burst out in tears of sadness as I hugged her tightly, "Grandma!" I screamed,"Everything's going wrong."

"What?" she said.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 15| Honesty

Things aren't going well for Mitsuko :(

Vote

Comment

:)