(10) Lonely

Thank you for 1K

Mitsuko POV

I woke up happy. My heart felt warm and I couldn't help but blush every time I thought about yesterday. Nothing really special happened except me accepting what seemed like my feelings for Madara.

I knew it wasn't good but I couldn't help it. I...really liked him.

I got up slowly and rose up but as soon as I opened the door I was met with a stern face.

Father's stern face.

"Where were you last night?"

I stiffened, "I went to the lake for a walk."

"With who?"

"N-No one," I said.

"It was past midnight," father said, "why were you out at such a time?"

I stiffened, "I...I was..."

I looked away from him. I didn't exactly know how he found out that but I was curious as to if I would even confess to him where I had been.

"You were there with someone right?" he said.

I gulped before nodding.

"Who?" he asked.

I stiffened I felt it hard to swallow and I took a deep breath out.

"A shinobi."

"A shinobi?"

I nodded.

"If you told me the name of the shinobi would I have heard of him?"

I nodded.

"It was Madara wasn't it?"

I stiffened at the mention of his name.

He was so straightforward. It shocked me.

"Well?" he said waiting for me to reply.

"Y-You're right," I said.

"It..it is Madara."

There was a silence before his hand came hurling down against my cheek.

I was pushed back and I held my cheek as I looked at him with weak eyes.

"A shinobi? Madara of all shinobi? Have you gone mad?"

I didn't answer. My cheek stung and I felt my once happy attitude crumble away.

"Don't you remember what they did to your mother Mitsuko! Don't you remember!"

I shivered. I didn't want to think about that. I didn't want to think about her.

"You can't go to that job of yours."

I immediately stiffened, "What?"

"I can't trust you," he said, "maybe you'll escape to see him again."

"You can't-"

He cut me off, "You're not allowed to go outside either," he said.

He turned his back and closed my room door and as soon as he did I felt sadness fill me up. I didn't know if it was from the fact I had been caught or the fact I felt guilty. I was guessing it was a mixture of both.

Tears filled my eyes and I sat down on the floor in silence.

What had I done?

...

Days passed by me being stuck in my room and I was certainly tired of it . There was nothing for me to do and I was already drowning in my own sorrow. I sighed before shrugging and lying back down. It seemed all I could do was sleep and sulk. A terrible combination.

I bit my lip and was about to go back to bed when I heard the door creak open. I looked ahead and I saw Hanako. She was looking at me but she said nothing.

"What?" I said.

She looked at me before looking away, "I'm sorry," she said.

"About what?" I asked.

"I was the one who told father you went to see that man."

My eyebrow rose, "You did what?"

"I...I didn't think you would have to stay in here like this," she said.

I blinked, "How did you know it was Madara?"

"I didn't. I just knew he had black long hair, that's all."

I stared at her for a long time before rolling my eyes and lying back down.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"It's alright," I said," you should leave."

She walked up to me and hugged me before exiting the room. I sat there in silence as I looked up at the ceiling trying to capture my feelings. I was more confused than angry and to be honest Hanako wasn't usually someone who made me feel still but annoyed.

Perhaps, I should've paid better attention to my sisters. They were my family after all.

...

I'm drained of energy. I can't even think of anything other than the outside world and I miss the touch of flowers and pots. The more I'm stuck in this room. The more I can't process. The more I'm reminded that I'm all alone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 11|Lonely

Vote

Comment

:)