(14) Free

Mitsuko POV

I came back through the window and thankfully nobody broke into my room.

It made me happy but as soon as I closed the window I was frowning.

I couldn't help but be surprised with myself for confessing to Madara with such ease.

It shocked me.

I shrugged it off and laid down in silence and fell asleep.

A week passed and all I could do was wait until father decided I had served my punishment long enough and that day did come.

I was spending the day with Hanako in my room when my other little sister barged in,"Father wants you."

I looked forward at Hanako and she smiled,"Maybe you're free now, onesan," she said.

I immediately got up and ran out the door and to father.

"Father!" I yelled.

He didn't frown at me when I said his name perhaps he wasn't mad at me anymore.

I smiled,"You called me?"

He nodded, "After thinking and thinking I decided I would let you go outside again."

"Really?"

"Of course," he said with a frown," but you have to stay away from Madara."

His eyebrow rose and I immediately nodded.

"Deal!" I said.

"Alright, then I give you permission to go outside."

I felt a smile grow on my face and I jumped for joy.

"Finally?!" I screamed.

I ran around with a smile plastered on my face and grabbed my sandals and ran outside.

I headed straight to the flower shop and I saw Suzuki-san up front. I walked up to her, "Can I-"

"Where have you been?!" she asked angrily.

"I-"

"Go get your apron on."

I smiled, "Alright."

It seemed all I had to do was let her see my face to get my job back.

...

I've never felt so overjoyed to water a plant before. The sensation was tingling to me. I adored it strongly. It was as if the water I poured was a waterfall for the plant.

I giggled. My comparisons had started to make no sense again. More importantly, I could feel my heart warming up to the idea of being outside and things going back to the normal me.

I was happy to be doing things that I hadn't done in over three weeks. It warmed my heart everytime I thought about it. Just by being here with Suzuki-san I've realized just how much I want to be free with everyone else in the world. I guess this really worked out completely in father's favour but I didn't mind it.