(39) War Approaching

Mitsuko POV

The war was approaching closer and closer and with time surprisingly Madara had more time to spend with me.

It was actually confusing but I thought nothing of it.

If he wanted to spend time with me he could and I liked it so of course I wouldn't object but I was perhaps scared he wasn't prepared enough.

I was lying on his chest as he was reading a scroll,"Are you prepared for this?" I asked.

He looked down at me his eyes calm and controlled,"When you say this...you mean the war right?"

I nodded and he looked down at me before landing a gentle kiss on my cheek.

I blushed before I heard him speak"I managed to finish all the preparations beforehand so I would have time to be with you."

"You probably won't see me in a couple months."

I looked at him with sad eyes and he sighed before stroking my hair in silence.

I was used to him by now and I now knew exactly when and when not to talk to him about certain things.

When he was in an overprotective mood he wouldn't say anything as to make sure I stayed safe.

He was calm right now so this was the perfect time to talk to him about the war.

"Who are you fighting against?"

"The five great nations."

...

"Are you... serious?"

He nodded.

"What if you get hurt? How will you even win against them?"

He looked down at me before he smirked,"Mistuko, do you realize who you're talking to?"

"I know who you are...I know your presence in the shinobi world. Your name shows up in the scrolls more than any other shinobi but...still."

He stroked my cheek with his thumb before giving me a gentle kiss.

I smiled. He was in a good mood.

"I'll be fine. I have Obito if anything goes wrong."

My eyebrow rose,"I know you don't depend on others. You must mean that in a different way then I'm imagining."

He chuckled,"You're used to me then...you're right but even if I told you it would be to complicated for you to understand."

I nodded.

There was a silence.

"You know...I wonder about your past Madara."

He looked at me,"What about it?"

"You told me you had no immediate family...how did you survive."

We made eye contact for at least ten seconds before he closed the scroll and sat me down on his lap.

"Is there any real specific reason you want to know about my past."

"I want to be able to read you like a book," I said.

He looked at me before he smirked,"You remind me of Izuna."

"Who's that?"

He sighed,"I suppose I should start with him..."

...

He had finished telling me about himself and my view on shinobi had changed.  My view on Madara had changed drastically. He had been forced  to do so many things.

He was so powerful.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You."

He narrowed his eyes,"What about me?"

"Just how powerful are you?"

He blinked twice,"I'll show you."

He was about to get up but I gripped onto his arm,"No, don't go."

He looked down at me amused.

"I'm lazy," I said.

I yanked his arm so he was hovering over me,"Stay with me."

I moved his hair out of his face.

"Okay...," he said," tell me about you."

"What about me?"

"Why does your father dislike me? Is it simply because of the rumors in the village or is it deeper than that."

I laughed, "My father was wary about shinobi in general but...he seemed okay with me marrying Tobirama."

"Then why does he dislike me?"

"My mother was killed by a shinobi."

His expression dropped.

"He was an Uchiha."

His eyes widened but then closed before he sighed.

He said nothing.

"By the time I figured that out I was already in love with you. My father thought he was being selfish."

"Your father has a good reason to not like me."

I smiled as I cupped his cheeks,"I told him you'd never hurt me...so...I'm sure he doesn't dislike you as much."

I wrapped my arms around his torso,"I'm going to miss you when you leave."

"I will too," he said.

---