(23) Announcement

Mitsuko POV

I was still feeling quite down but ever since Madara talked to me that day I've been feeling a bit better.

I still think about her all the time and cry at times but I've began to eat again and work at the flower shop.

I was walking home from the shop one day unsuspecting of anything when I got home to see my sisters awkwardly staring at me.

I stared at them back but shrugged and decided it was nothing...probably.

I blinked a couple times and sighed.

I walked more into my house and put my apron away before running my fingers through my hair.

I was so tired.

I felt like going to bed and I was about to when father walked inside the room.

I stared at him before smiling.

"Oh father," I said with a gentle expression.

He smiled once he saw my expression and sat down beside me.

"I have news for you!" he said.

I looked at him with surprised eyes. It had been a long time since I had seen him this happy.

"What? What's the news?" I asked curiously.

He smiled even bigger and I shivered. What was going on?

"What?" I asked yet a second time. This time I was genuinely concerned with father and what was going on.

...

...

"Mitsuko," he said,"you're getting married!"

It took me a second to process what he said and my face went from happy to drained of all colour.

"What?" I asked shocked.

My father continued to smile brightly as he began to tell me all about.

"Well, you're nineteen and a half...and most of the girls in our old village were already married at eighteen. I decided it was time for you to also join them."

I nodded slowly as I looked down at the ground. I felt pang of sadness wash over me as I felt my heart begin to beat faster and faster. I gripped my thigh before getting up slowly.

"If you'd excuse me," I said before rushing to my room.

I grabbed the doorknob and closed the gently before leaning myself on the door and panting.

Was this really happening?

Was I really going to get married? To whom?"

I walked to my bed and sat down.

What about Madara?

I was hoping I would be able to...

...

...

...

Possibly end up with him.

Was that all going to fade away? After everything I had said and done with him.

I gave a heavy sigh as I felt tears come to my eyes. I wiped them away quickly. There was absolutely no way I could convince father to not marry me to this person.

It wasn't my choice at this point. Plus I had already told him that I was completely over Madara.

I curled up in my ball as tears continued to fall down my cheeks.

So...I would have to spend the rest of my life with a man I had never even met before?

I knew that this happened a lot but I never imagined it would happen to me.

Not this way.

I didn't want to marry this person because he didn't have his black long hair or his unique calm aura or his rare smile I had seen last time.

He didn't have his responsibilities, he didn't have his advice or his intelligence.

He was the one I wanted.

He was the only one I would fully accept.

Madara...the Uchiha who caused my heart to throb.

...

The next morning...

"Onesan's getting married! Onesan's getting married!"

I frowned at my two little sisters in disgust.

Was this a big deal to them? They weren't even the person getting married.

Hanako hugged me around the waist,"I can't wait to meet him," she said.

I blushed and put on a fake smile,"Yes, me too."

After I said those words I felt as if my heart was breaking. Someone other then Madara.

I sighed and bit my lip before looking up at the ceiling. I was scared and broken.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked over it to see my father smiling at me.

He seemed happy enough about the situation.

Well, of course he was.

"I'm sure you're wondering when you'll meet him."

I nodded.

"Tommorow," he said,"You can meet him tommorow."

I nodded yet again and then sighed in disappointment.

Was this really how things would go?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 23| Announcement

Vote

Comment

:)