2. Endangered Balls

Rrrrring!

"Gah! I hate that bell! " I covered my ears with my hands and wished he'll and damnation on whoever invented bells.
Fortunately, my mood didn't remain sour for long.

Nerd Ahoy!

Nerd witch was at her locker putting in the combination.
I made my way through the sea of students easily and up to her.

Today she had on a black beanie, a different disgusting sweatshirt with food stains on it and a black skirt, her signature glasses of course and a pair of flip flops again.
Her hair was always tucked into her beanies and wool caps and it was kinda weird.
But then again, what isn't weird about her?

"Hi Ner- mmph, um, Riley" I corrected myself.

She ignored me and kept mumbling to herself and collecting books from her now open locker.

"Riley? Who are you talking to?"
I tapped her shoulder to get her attention and instantly regretted it.

In a flash, Nerd witch grabbed my hand and flipped me over her shoulder.
I sailed in the air, landing with a loud, and very painful 'THUD'

"What the hell Riley?!!"  I yelled

She wasn't smiling. As usual. Her lips were pressed into a thin line and her eyes were narrowed.
I spotted her chameleon perched on her shoulder sticking it's tongue out at me? And blinked twice to be sure.

Yes.
It was sticking it's tongue out at me.

"Riley, it's Zion! Zion Wesley?!! Not some crazy axe murderer!"

"I know "

"Then why on earth did you do that?!! In fact, How on earth did you do that?! "

"Stay away from me Wesley," she snarled.

With her chameleon on her shoulder, she grabbed her handbag and began walking away.

Not so fast you little Nerd Witch.

I scrambled up, ignoring the shooting pain in my back and went after her.
When I got beside her, I struggled to keep up with her pace.
For such a fragile looking thing, she could walk fast.

"You know, if you keep hurting me I'm going to place a restraining order on you," I tried to joke.

She scoffed.

"How did you do that? Karate classes?" I asked, hoping to start a conversation

She ignored me again, snorted, wiped her nose and quickened her pace.
I literally had to jog to keep up with her.
Her chameleon gave me the stink eye,

"Buzz off lizard breath," I sneered at it,then it vanished.

I stopped dead in my tracks, almost colliding with a junior and my jaw dropped.
Nerd witch kept walking. Then the chameleon re appeared.

Wait. Chameleons could camouflage...

The evil creature distracted me!

Nerd witch made it round a corner and before I could get there, she was gone.

"Shit,"

This means war.

****

After school, I lay in wait for Nerd witch at her locker and it wasn't long before I saw her.

Nerd Ahoy!

She had a straight face as always and kept pushing her glasses up her nose.
She looked like she was talking to someone, but no one was with her so it had to be the mumble act again.
She got to her locker, looked up at me and frowned. Her amber eyes looked like a furnace of fury.