22. Hurricane Ray

"Psst!"

I ignored

"Pssssst!!!"

Just ignore

"Wesley!"

Just ignore and it'll go away...

"Psssssssssst!!"

Now, I am a man of my word. But when the disturbance is incessant — coupled with the fact that the hisser had managed to get a fair amount of spit on me — I just had to answer.

Turning in my seat, I gave Rachel the coldest glare I could muster and she abruptly ceased hissing.

Perks of hanging out with a Nerd witch.

God, I missed her.

Me too, lil asshole. Me too.

I sighed and was about to face the teacher, whom I had tuned out by the way, when a folded piece of paper slapped me on the side of my face and sank gracefully to the floor.

I stifled a groan, staring hard between the piece of paper on the floor and its launcher who had put on the innocent facade of someone who would never even hurt a fly.

Typical, typical Ray.

With a swift swipe of my arm, I picked up the piece of paper and righted myself in my seat.
I carefully unfolded it. It was a note scrawled in Rachel's horrible handwriting.

Yo, President of douches, The girls and I would really appreciate it if you started making use of that ridiculously expensive device of yours called a phone. Quit ignoring us.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the final period.

With a sigh, I scrunched up the note and stood along with the rest of the students who were rather in a hurry to get home.

Why?

Well first of all.... BECAUSE EVERYONE FREAKING HATES SCHOOL!

And then also, it was the last day of school before the Christmas holiday.

I carried my backpack and made a beeline for the door. Hopefully, Rachel wouldn't be fast enough to get me.

But since the universe just hated me so much, a very Rachel-like hand grabbed my arm and pulled me rather forcefully with her until we were quite a distance from the busier parts of school.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure this counts as kidnapping,"

She narrowed her eyes at me and jabbed a finger into my hard chest — most likely breaking said finger in the process.

"Z, what's wrong with you?" she asked

"Nothing, I'm fine," I lied

She dragged a hand down her face, groaning in frustration and muttering some really choice curses.

"Right. Right. You're fine. And yet ever since Freaky Frankie left the school, you've been ignoring the girls and I, you've been turning yourself into some sort of anti-social monster!"

I raised an eyebrow in response, maintaining a royally bored look on my face... Which happened to piss her off the more.

"Zion, what is wrong with you?! I am your best friend for God's sake. If this is about Freaky Frankie, you can talk to me. If it's something else, just know that the girls and I have got your back. But we are not leaving this place until you tell me what the problem is!" She said, jabbing a different finger into my chest — and probably breaking it too.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do? Blowjob me into answering you?" I hissed

THWACK!!

Her palm made contact with my right cheek and I immediately regretted saying that.