13. Moment

How do you sleep in a house with a cousin who murders and a little brother who was recently resurrected by a Nerd witch who has been bruising you and that you may or may not be attracted to?

Step 1: Lock the door

Step 2: Count sheep until your insomniac state worsens.

Step 3: Give up and just lay awake in bed till the alarm goes off.

That morning I avoided Sydney and Zach; I skipped breakfast and just drove to school.
Now that things had somewhat settled, the image of Sydney taking a life kept occupying my mind.
I would never be okay with that.

Then there was Zach.
How do you even have a conversation with a recently resurrected brother?
Especially when you're the only one who knows the truth behind it.

'Hey Zach, How was death?'

'Oh cool, you know. The usual'

'Ok. I'm glad you're living'

'Sure thing ,Zion'

Who does that?!!
So I just hopped into my trusty Range Rover and drove to school.

***

Rrrrrrrrrring!!!

"Gah! Evil bell! Messenger of doom! Curses on you!" I covered my ears with my hands and navigated my way through the sea of students.
Since I was on my turf once again, they parted before me. Perks!

I received the usual 'Sup man!" from the cool dudes and the boob show from the sluts, then the sultry 'Hi Zion' from the more upright ones.
On a normal day, I would've basked in the attention, but today, I had a mission.

"Good to see you're back to your old bell hating self" Rachel said while obstructing my path and chewing on an ever present piece of gum

"Good to see you're not yet dead from diabetes," I retorted.

Jo giggled which drew my attention to her and Stacey standing behind a very livid Rachel.

"Someone's on his period," Stacey commented while scrolling through her phone.
I on the other hand, kept craning my neck in search of a particular Nerd witch.

"At least tell us you're done obsessing over Freaky Frankie, I'm really regretting daring you right now," Rachel said

"Who?" I asked

"Freaky Frankie!" she repeated

"Oh you mean Riley? Far from it, I want to ask her out," I answered still craning my neck

"YOU WHAT?!!!" All three of them screamed in shock - Yes, even Stacey.
I ignored them and at the right time too because,

Nerd Ahoy!

Nerd witch was at her locker putting in the combination. She was back to her routine sweatshirt with jeans, and her gorgeous hair was tucked into a brown beanie. She was mumbling something to herself and sniffling, readjusting her glasses every few seconds.
What a contrast to the real her.
I wonder why she went to all that trouble to look like she did now.

"Earth to Zion!" Rachel snapped her fingers in front of my face

"Huh? Ray? What is it?"