32. And Kiss

My eyes were fixed on the gun aimed at my sister's head. She was quivering in fear and I... I was conflicted

Sister dearest or lover fairest...

"You have forty five seconds," Viktor said.

I swallowed.

"Dr Ermak, I can get through to him, j-just give me some time," Zoe pleaded with tears brimming in her eyes.

"Thirty seconds!" He called out, untouched by her pleas.

In one last effort, I turned my eyes to Nerd witch. Her expression was blank as always, and to a normal person it would seem as if she was unbothered by the scene unfolding before her.

But to someone who knew her well - like me ; I noticed the stiffness in her posture and felt the tension radiating off her. Her jaw was set and her eyes narrowed slightly.

What could she be thinking?

"Ten," Viktor counted.

She looked over at me and our eyes locked. There was indecision written in her eyes, like she was struggling within herself to decide on something important although her face betrayed nothing.

"Nine!"

'Do you trust me?' Her eyes asked.

"Eight!"

I nodded. I trusted her.

"Seven!"

Nerd witch moved closer to me, I didn't miss the cocking of guns and how they cautiously remained aimed at her.

"Six!"

She stretched on her tiptoes and quickly wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me down to her height.

"Five... Well... What do we have here?" Viktor mused curiously.

Still surprised by the sudden proximity of our bodies and the fact that she was the one doing it, my brain wasn't quick enough to register when she placed her lips on mine.

"Do you kids think this is a joke? I have a loaded gun right here..." Viktor ranted in annoyance.

I tuned him out and relished the feel of Nerd witch's soft lips on mine. She slipped her tongue into my mouth and I tilted my head without hesitation to deepen the kiss.

Was it a distraction?

Was it a plan?

Was it a 'it-was-nice-knowing-you-now-goodbye kiss?

I didn't know. And I honestly didn't care, cos this?... This was what I'd been dreaming of.

She could've done this at a better place and time though.

For once, I agreed with my subconscious.

But as suddenly as she started, she stopped and pulled away, her face blank and she didn't even look the least bit flustered.

Who kisses Zion Wesley and doesn't get flustered?!!

Nerd witch. That's who.

Viktor was still ranting about how we were messing with him by making out in front of him, that he could've blown Zoe's brain out if he wanted to,

"Then why didn't you?" I asked, giving him a cocky smirk.

Zoe's eyes widened in alarm, "Dr. Ermak, I'm sure he didn't mean that,"

"At the count of three, grab your sister and run." Nerd witch whispered under her breath while Zoe distracted Ermak with her pleas.

I looked at her. How did I hear that so clearly? That was practically impossible, no one else in the room even acknowledged the fact that she spoke.