29. Riley's POV

I felt my body pushing out the second silver bullet and healing itself too.

Cellular regeneration on a magnified level.

When I opened my eyes, I did a quick scan of the room in search of any vulnerabilities.
My mind could process things faster than the average human, so it didn't take long to realize that I was being held by the same people who my mother and I were always hiding from.

The room had no means of escape.

I walked up to one of the white walls and rammed my fist into it. It burned me and I jerked back, hissing in pain.

The walls were made of silver.

Just then, a part of the wall slid open, letting in my inferior successor and a tall, lanky looking man with sunken soulless eyes, dressed in a white lab coat.

"Silver," The man said, his dark eyes studying me critically as he circled me.

"Ermak Viktor," I crossed my arms and glared at Ashley who just stood there fiddling with her hair like an incompetent fool.

"Ah, you know me?" He asked.

I saw a hint of amusement in his eyes but decided to answer anyway, "Yes, I know everything about you and this god forsaken facility. I will stop you."

He chuckled lowly, "Yes, yes, you've been hacking into our databases and stealing information. Quite impressive, I must confess."

I maintained my blank face.

"But," He continued, "If you haven't realized, you've been caught, we have Dr. Angeloff, we have both of your weaknesses. Hers is you, and yours is her and silver. You've lost little metahuman."

I scoffed and took a step closer, "You don't even know what I'm capable of."

"Au contraire little metahuman, I'm quite aware," He patted my cheek as I glared at him. "But, I wonder why you haven't made a move to escape yet. You could've easily snapped my neck during our conversation,"

I inclined my head towards the stupid blonde girl behind him, "She's no match for me, I can decimate her in a minute. But I guess you already knew that," Viktor smiled slyly as I continued, "If I'm correct — which I definitely am — the reason she's here is to contain me because she's armed with a gun that's loaded with silver ammunition. She's faster than the average human which includes your pathetic excuse for guards, so one wrong move gets me a boat load of pain."

Ashley giggled and pulled out a gun, "Right you are, Freaky Frankie,"

I scowled at the nickname foolish high school students gave me.

"Don't just start," I warned her.

"Oh please, did you really think you had a chance with Zion?" She rolled her eyes and flipped her hair over her shoulder, "I mean, look at me... And look at you,"

"In all fairness Gold, Silver is actually more attractive," Viktor interrupted.

Ashley frowned at that,"He's probably dead anyway. Pity, he was actually cute and good in bed too," She winked at me.

I felt all the air leave my body with a cold chill settling in its place. Something wet stung my eyes and my vision became blurry.

I shook my head slowly, not able to believe her words.

"Believe it. He's dead, bitch. Lying won't get me any awards. Face it, he's DEAD!" She gave me a sinister smile, "And I killed him,"

I looked into Ashley's face, "What did you just say?" I whispered.