23. Do Svidanya Zion

"Sydney, let go of me!"

"No!"

"I don't care about what you want! Let me go!"

"Boys! Boys!! Stop it, you're gonna hurt yourselves" my Mom tried to separate the both of us as we wrestled across the floor.

Curious about what happened?

It went like this...

After the afternoon with Ray, I drove to the coffee shop to try and soak up some memories of Nerd witch.
I sat in the chair by the window which was her favorite, and ordered a cup of coffee.
The coffee was good — even though the waitress slipped me her number on a piece of paper.
I rolled my eyes at her as she winked, then scrunched up the piece of paper and threw it at her.
She huffed out a breath and blushed in embarrassment before stomping away angrily.

Finally alone, I slowly sipped the delicious coffee, taking enough of my sweet time to prolong the time I had before I had to return to my crazy house.

Now that the Christmas holidays had officially begun, I could jet out to Russia to spend it with Zoe whenever I wished.

I had originally planned to leave today, but Rachel had managed to release some of my pent up misery; I was feeling better for the first time since she left.
I decided to stay a few days with Zach and my parents, avoid Sydney as much as possible, and then fly out to spend Christmas with Zoe.

I also missed my big sister, it had been really long since I last saw her.
Sure we Skyped and Facetimed every now and then, but I missed the physical contact and her warm smiles.

I took another sip of the now cold coffee and decided it was time to head home.

                              * * *

Sydney was sitting on my bed when I walked into my room, and my heart practically flew out of my body.

"Bloody hell, Sydney!" I put a hand over my heart in an effort to steady the erratic beats.

"Welcome home cugino," Sydney said in a quiet voice that chilled me to the bones, "We need to talk"

I studied him, and only then did I realize that he was playing with his gun in his hands while his eyes held me in place.

My just steadied heart rate picked up again.

"We can talk later, I'm busy," I told him, while dropping my bag and shrugging off my jacket.

Sydney laughed. A low, dry, humorless laugh that caused me to freeze.

"Every single time. Every single time you tell me 'later Sydney' or 'I'm busy Sydney'. Do you think I'm an idiot?"

"Well..."

"Pazzo insanguinato!" Sydney cried out and stood quickly, gripping the gun by his side tightly, "I have been trying, I've been trying to be a better person. You won't talk to me or do anything with me. You all think I'm crazy!"

I eyed the gun warily. Sydney only spoke in his language whenever he was beyond pissed or emotional.

Right now, I couldn't decide which.

I saw actual tears in his eyes and was lost for words.

"Cugino, tell me, what did I do wrong?" He asked

"Nothing, Sydney, please get out of my room,"

"You see!" He threw his hands in the air, gun and all "You're doing it again, idiota"

"People really need to stop calling me 'stupid' and 'idiot' " I spat, recalling the moments Nerd witch kept calling me stupid.

I need to get out of here.