24. Where I Go, She Follows.

Some hours later, the craft touched down. I was finally there.

Within twenty minutes, I had presented my passport to the officials, done the routine security checks and left Daniel to lug my luggage after me.
To say that the wind was icy was putting it nicely.

Within the first three minutes, my fingers were already numb and felt like they weren't part of me.

Scurrying through the crowd of people in the airport was stressful enough — coupled with the fact that I had to watch families welcoming loved ones with hugs and kisses.

Gag.

What? I wasn't particularly feeling like a daisy at the moment. Life was a black, bottomless hole.

My eyes scanned the area, trying to spot Zoe. She had promised to pick me up.
With a tired sigh, I pulled out my phone to call her again, when two slender hands covered my eyes from behind.

"Guess who..." she cooed from behind me

I couldn't help but smile, quickly turning around and pulling my big sister into a huge hug.

"Zoe!" I squealed — in a very manly manner of course — and pulled away to analyze her appearance.

She hadn't changed that much. Her once long raven hair was now lightly brushing her shoulders, and she looked shorter than I remembered.

You got taller you moron!

Oh.

Zoe's smile instantly dropped from her face and was replaced with a frown. She tentatively reached out to my cheek, skimming her fingers just across it.

"Ow!" I hissed and flinched

She planted a hand on her hip, in her famous worry mode, "Zion Michael Wesley, have you been getting into fights?!!"

I looked around, praying that no one would notice. I hated being called by my full name.
Groaning, I tugged at Zoe's arm.

"Can we just head back to your place? I'm freezing my butt off over here,"

"After a few days here, your butt won't be the only thing freezing off," she crossed her arms over her chest, "Start talking!"

"Sydney happened," I responded vaguely

I wasn't in the mood for a long chit chat in the middle of the airport.

"Okay. Where's your luggage?" She asked

Just then, a very exhausted looking Daniel came towards us with all my luggage. The poor guy looked like his legs were about to crumble to dust.

He made a perfect bow despite his predicament, "Good day Ms Wesley. It's good to see you again," he greeted formally.

I snorted while Zoe rolled her eyes, before pulling the man into a warm hug.

"No formalities with me Danny, you know that,"

Daniel stood as still as a mountain while Zoe gave him a warm hug before unlatching herself from him.
She started collecting the luggage and piled them on me one by one.

"Zoe? What are you doing?" I asked puzzled.

"Giving you 'your' luggage" she stated blankly

"I can see that. May I ask why?"

"No, you may not"

I sealed my mouth and stewed in silence, watching the petite raven haired devil that was my sister, subjecting me to actual work.