Chapter *41*

Graduation was coming soon. It was Thursday and the ceremony was on Saturday. I didn't have much time left to find a dress to wear. Also, Ty wanted to find an apartment for the both of us near our school. It was a really difficult job to do alone, but he insisted that I didn't help him. He wants to handle it himself. I just told him my price range and he will add the same amount.

My parents suggested that we take a trip to Florida over the summer to look for apartments in person. I only agreed because Ty really wanted to go. Also, I didn't want to go to senior prom this year. Tyrie was really disappointed at first, but agreed that it would be better to save money on more important things for school.

We both were at my house now. My daddy was at work in New York, and my mom was at Kroger. I was doing what I always do. Eating. Tyrie was sitting on the counter watching me act fat. My period had me eating everything in sight.

"Hey baby you wanna go shopping for your dress today?" Ty asked looking up from scrolling on Trulia.

I shook my head with a full mouth.

"Why not? I already know you want a new fit for the ceremony. I got to get some new shoes at the mall today anyway."

I swallowed. "I'm still on my monthly. I would kill myself if I dirtied the clothes from trying them on."

He shrugged. "Okay just be extra careful. No big deal."

"It's not that easy babe."

"How hard could it be?"

I kissed my teeth but went anyway.

********

We're at the Stonecrest Mall walking around

We're at the Stonecrest Mall walking around. We just got here and we already have been getting looks from other girls and young women. Everywhere we go Tyrie gets glances. It's like he is still the new boy to school, and girls are still fighting for his attention.

"I should've left your ass in the car."

"What do you want me to do?", he said chuckling. "It's not my fault women find me sexy."

I shook my head, but I had to agree with him. He was perfect in almost every way. Being around him had me feeling a little less than. I couldn't compare to how great he is.

"Wait baby I need to go into Forever 21. You can wait outside if you don't wanna walk around with me."

He shook his head and grabbed my hand.

"Nope. No. You are not leaving outside the store with all the other discarded boyfriends holding their girl's bags. I'm going with you. Shit who knows? I might want a romper or a graphic T-shirt dress."

I laughed at the image of him in a man romper. Then I stopped when I thought about it.

"Well, you do have great legs for a guy."