Chapter *57*

It was still too early for me to head home so I looked up a decent nail salon.

I haven't gotten my nails done since..well shit I don't know. I used to get my nails done almost every two weeks but one week I wanted to give my natural nails a break then just didn't go back.

I was ready to be a bad bitch again though. I missed my acrylic nails and long booty braids that I used to rock before I met Tyrie. I hadn't really done them cuz he always talks about how much he loves my big fro.

Tyrie met me when I was going through a burnout and really wasn't feeling myself or my looks. I mean I've never had the highest confidence but I still did have my good moments. I would sit up in my room and take pictures in the mirror to show off my colorful nails and long braids that I did myself.

"Hurry up and pick a damn nail place before somebody snatch yo ass up. You're standing on the street corner like a hooker that only works mornings." I mumbled to myself as I went to google and choose the best nail salon near me and ordered my ride.

I really should have asked my dad to buy me a car cuz this Uber shit isn't for me. Speaking of my daddy I needed some money for school books, my student ID, and maybe some new clothes.

Daddy yo!  3:20

Pops: what demon child  3:21

Can I pwease have some money for some school stuff🥺  3:21

Pops: don't I already pay your tuition and help furnish your lil place with that boy?  3:23

..yes but this stuff is just for school like books and allat  3:24

Pops: I swear you and your mama are gonna bleed me dry

Cashapp: Pops❤️ just sent you $500

Thank you daddy. You're the best dad ever 😄

Pops: yea yea whatever

After I got my money I skipped my little happy go lucky ass to my ride. Soon we pulled up to Queen Nails. I'm really starting to think that there's a Queen Nails in every city and state.

I signed in relief and thanked God that it wasn't crowded in the shop. I always have bad luck in that area.

"What do you want today?" A lady asked from somewhere in the shop.

"Uh a full set and pedicure." I called out not knowing where the voice came from.

"Okay pick a color."

"Gel polish please." I would cost me extra but I wasn't trying to come back here in the next week cuz my polish chipped.

"Okay you can take the second seat for your pedicure."

Squirming over to the little pedicure seat I tried to avoid everyone else's conversation and didn't meet anyone's eye. I felt weird going here without someone I knew. I guess I'll have to act busy on my phone the whole time.

An hour and a half later

Hmm. Getting my nails done was actually a pleasant experience even though I was sweating pike crazy from anxiety. The nail tech was really nice and tried to keep up a smooth conversation with me. Plus her work was beautiful. I would for sure be coming back.