CHAPTER 10: I Like This

ROMAN

I didn't mean to come off the way that I did but then again on the other hand, she needs to know how important that she is to me and now that I know the REAL reason in what really happened, I feel more of a douche because she's right, I never should have allowed enough time for there to be a chance to have that kiss happen but it did and I can't go back and change that day, which I really wish I could. 

Suddenly, I hear Cole calling out my name as I turn and look up the stairs watching him running down the stairs excited. 

"Roman! Roman!" He yells out. 

"Hey little man!" I greet him. 

"Guess what?" He asks. 

"What?" I chuckled at how cute he looked. 

"My friend is having a birthday party this Saturday and I wanted you to come." He tells me. 

"Alright." I reply not thinking about if Penelope is going or not and if she is if she would be okay with that. 

"Oh and I already asked mom and she said it was okay for you to come too." he smiles real big. 

I look up the stairs real quick at her bedroom door that's halfway opened and begin smiling as I take this as a small step to something possibly more. 

"Sounds good." I smile at him. 

He then yells in excitement and starts running back upstairs while me and LeRoy both laugh at how cute he is. 

"He looks a lot like you." He tells me with a pat on the back. 

"Yeah." I tell him. 

"Well I hate to break up this special moment of yours but we have to meet up with the pack right now." LeRoy reminds me. 

"Alright, let's go." I tell him as we make our way towards the woods where we hold our meeting in a secluded place that we've made into our emergency bunker and that's hidden but isn't too far away from the house. 

"Okay guys, let's get this meeting started." I announce as I walk into the room. 

Everyone takes a seat in a chair around the table after bowing their heads and greeting me by my title as we start. 

"So is there any news on Harrison and his pack?" I begin to ask. 

"We found some of them hanging out in town at the local bar." One of my guys tells me. 

"What about the killings that we found the other night at the end of the cliffs?" I asked. 

"They were members of the Silver Fang Pack and of course their Alpha is furious and I was told yesterday that he thinks we had something to do with it." One of my Delta's states. 

"Let's set up a meeting with him and try to resolve this before it gets worse." 

"Alright." He replies. 

"As far as everything else goes, just make sure Harrison doesn't come onto our territory." 

Everyone nods their heads and before I dismiss everyone, I hear LeRoy say something. 

"Alpha?" He asks. 

"Yes?" 

"Do you think Harrison and his pack were responsible for Penelope's parents' death?" He hesitantly asks. 

I look at everyone and then back at him before answering. 

"I do." I say before ending the meeting. 

While we all head off to do our own thing, I make it back to the house and as soon as I get out of the car to begin heading inside when I see Penelope come walking outside from the house. 

"Where you going?" I ask her. 

"Cole is getting out of school soon. So I was on my way to get him." She says. 

"Well I'll take you." I offer. 

"That's okay." She replies. 

"Oh come on, there's not enough room on your broomstick." I try and joke with her but she just scowls at me while crossing her arms in front of her chest. 

"We don't all fly on broomsticks, you ass." She fires back at me. 

She sounded upset but yet, towards the end, smiled as she started heading out. 

"Come on. Besides, it is one of the rules." I smirk at her with satisfaction knowing I'm right. 

"Fine." She finally surrenders. "But we have to hurry and get there before it get's too crowded." She tells me while walking outside towards the car. 

I can't help but smile at how cute she looks right now. After pulling up a few feet to the school, she gets out before I have a chance to say anything and walks towards a tree that she says she waits for Cole at. So I get out and start to follow her. 

"Why is he going to an all magic academy when he should also be learning about werewolves and training? I mean, he does need to be prepared for when he shifts for the first time." I ask her while standing beside her. 

"I want him to learn about this part of him mostly." She tells me. 

"And why's that?" I ask almost irritated and defensive as it sounds like she's meaning it like it's a bad thing to be a werewolf-I hate people like that. 

"I'm not talking about it right now." She says while she continues looking for Cole. 

"Alright, but we will talk about it." I wink at her as she rolls her eyes at me while I calm down. 

"Whatever." She says. 

She spots Cole and we both head over to get him and I must admit I do like this whole picking our son up at school together. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)