CHAPTER 13: A Chance

PENELOPE

It's been a couple weeks since the birthday party and honestly, I thought that Zeila was going to jump down my throat for ruining her son's birthday party and causing a scene but she just laughed and said that that was the highlight of the party and everyone thought it was hilarious.

I was more worried about Cole and rather or not if I embarrassed him but he said it was actually funny. Well, at least up until the part about Roman being his dad.

I don't know why I tried denying it all this time, of course people would know, including Cole because like he said, he looks so much like his father.

Now everythings okay so far. Roman and I have been taking things one day at a time but we both seem to be doing great. Never thought I would ever find myself saying that I was back together with him but I'm glad and not just for Cole's sake neither.

Tonight, Roman had planned a special date for us while LeRoy stayed to watch Cole.

I honestly had only been on one date when Cole was three years old and one date was enough. That guy had ruined it for me. Well, obviously up until now.

As I start walking downstairs I see Roman waiting for me in a nice dress shirt and nice dark jeans with his hair slicked back and some of his neck tattoos exposed above his collar while the rest on his arms exposed.

"You look great." He tells me.

"Thanks. You look great yourself." I blush.

"Aww, are you saying I look beautiful?" He jokes.

I then start to chuckle.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to dinner first and then after that, you'll just have to wait to find out." Hs smirks and winks.

"Okay." I smile back.

We hear Cole come running with LeRoy calling out for Cole as he chases after him.

"I'm gonna get you!" He shouts as he catches up to Cole and lifts him over his shoulder.

"Hey hey hey. What did I say about running in this house Cole?" I asked as LeRoy sets him down.

"Sorry. But he was chasing me and since you wont let me go outside in the dark, we thought...." he began trying to explain but I stopped him.

"Cole, you know better." I look at him.

"Sorry." He says.

"Oh come on. Don't be one of those parents." LeRoy playfully rolls his eyes and chuckles.

I start smirking at LeRoy while thinking he's right, I should be the cool mom.

"You're right. Cole.sweetie, remember that little trick I taught you when we played with Aunt Ellie?" I asked Cole.

"Yeah." He says.

"You can use it if you need to." I smile and wink at Cole as he looks at LeRoy and grins at him.

"Hey that's not fair. I don't have magic." LeRoy begins as he starts backing up. "Alpha.." he says.

"Sorry bro." Roman laughs.

"Aw man!" LeRoy says and starts running off while Cole chases after him laughing.

I look at Ramon who smiles at me.

"Hopefully he doesn't hurt my Beta." He tells me.

"He wont." I wink at him. "Shall we?" I ask.

We both head out to the car and start making our way first to the restaurant.

The moment we had pulled up to the restaurant, I was awestruck. I couldn't believe how nice this place looked and was starting to wonder if I was over dressed as I began to fidget a little while we walked hand-in-hand together towards the door and before walking inside, he stopped and turned me to look at him.

"You look beautiful." He smiles at me and gives me a passionate kiss before opening the door and placing his hand behind my back as we walked inside.

Dinner was going great and I must say that I am impressed by his gestures.

Throughout dinner, we got to talking with one another about things that have happened over the years to get to know each other all over again. Which in a way, was what we needed to do.

Then after we finished dessert, he had the driver he hired to take us to one of the spots we used to sneek off to meet up with each other when we were younger so that no one could see us together and it got back to his father.

"Wow, I can't believe you still remembered where this place was." I tell him.

"I made sure I didn't forget throughout the years. I came here almost every night thinking about you and wishing you'd.." he stops himself. "Wishing you'd show up one night." He says.

"Roman..." I started but he stopped me.

"Please Penelope, look, I know I fucked up in the past and I know that you don't entirely trust me, but I hope that you accept this to being the first gesture to the start of letting me prove to you everyday from here on out until the day I die, just how much I love both you and Cole." He tells me as he looks deep into my eyes which I can feel begin tearing up.

I smile at him and wrap my arms around him as he does with me and I smash my lips onto his, passionately kissing him letting him know just how much I love him and am willing to give him a chance.

Then I start moving my finger and pointing it to a few spots in the sky to make the stars shine a little brighter for us both as we continue kissing each other.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)