CHAPTER 14: I'm Afraid.....

ROMAN

It's not going to be easy but I'm glad she's giving me a chance. After taking her out on a date a few nights ago, things have been going really good. 

Today I was having a meeting with the wolf council and was hoping that they wouldn't bring up my pack's and my search on the ones who killed both Penelope's parents because there was still nothing to report. Which wasn't like me and my pack. We usually found out things sooner than this but, this one seems to be hard to crack. 

"Alpha Roman?!" The head Elder said. 

"Yes Sir?" I replied. 

"Do you have any news on the killers yet? Any leads?" He asks me. 

"Not yet Sir but don't worry, we'll find them soon." I assure him hoping he doesn't lose faith in me for taking longer than I ever have in an assignment he has given me. 

"I trust you." He reassures me with a smile. 

I just nod my head still feeling like I disappointed my father. 

After the meeting was over, however, I couldn't help but feel happy all of a sudden after realizing that I was soon going to see Penelope and Cole soon at our home. Which I loved that idea. Gosh why am I acting like a teenage boy?

The moment I get home and walk into the house, I hear one of the best sounds that I have ever heard......The laughter of both my mate and our son. 

I follow towards their laughter and then see both him and her standing in the middle of the living room, looking down at a piece of paper and pen.

"Alright, you ready?" She asks him while I continue standing quietly in the doorway, with my arms folded, observing them. 

"Yeah." Cole says excited. 

"Alright, now look at the paper and pen and remember what I told you." She tells him. 

He nods his head and looks at them on the coffee table then takes in a breath and lets it out before starting. 

"Rise up now and write for me
  On this paper in front of me"   

He says with a movement of his finger and right then and there, the pen begins to write on the paper.  I begin clapping and they both look at me and Cole for some reason, the pen is thrown at me and thanks to my quick reflexes, I dodged it. 

"Woah." Both Penelope and I say in unison. 

"Cole." Penelope says. 

"I'm sorry mom. I didn't mean to." He says as he looks at me with an 'I'm sorry' look on his face. 

"Hey, it's okay. I'm proud of you." I tell him as I smile at him and we do a fist bump. 

He smiles as he looks up at me. 

"Why don't you go upstairs and do your homework and I'll let you know when dinner's ready." Penelope tells him. 

Then right as Cole leaves, she looks at me and smiles. 

"He's really good at that." I comment. 

"Yeah." She says not sounding too happy about it. 

"What's the matter?" I ask. 

"Nothing." She replies although she looks like she's wanting to tell me something but is holding back. 

"Come on, you can tell me anything." I tell her. 

"I um, I'm worried about Cole." She begins with a concerned look on her face. "Since the day he was born he has always been able to do magic. More advanced than any other magical person in history. I was told by my parents when he was two that he knows both sides of magic and that he's only advanced with it because of the wolf in him." 

"But if he's advanced, then why is he only doing things as simple as the pen and paper trick?" I asked confused. 

"Because I have tried to keep him from realizing his abilities. I'm already afraid of the day when he shifts. He's gonna be stronger than ever and I'm not sure how either council will feel because I know they aren't too fond of hybrids and I can't lose him." She cries while looking at me. 

I put my arms around her to comfort her.

"It's gonna be okay. I'll help him when he shifts. We're gonna get through this together and he will be the best to both of our kinds because he has amazing parents." I tell her while looking into her eyes and holding the side of her face. 

"I love you." She smiles. 

"I love you too." I smile back. 

Then right as we were about to kiss, we suddenly heard our son yell out in pain and the LeRoy shortly after yelling out for us to come upstairs immediately. 

As soon as we walked inside his room, Penelope and I stopped right away as we were both in shock while looking at our son on the floor on all fours who looked like he was.....shifting. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)