CHAPTER 16: The Arena

ROMAN

While sitting at the council meeting all I could think about was Penelope and our son Cole.

"Alpha Roman!" I hear one of the Elders from the council call out my name.

"Yes Elder?" I reply after snapping back to the present.

"How is everything coming along with the investigation in finding the ones who killed both Penelope's parents?" He asks me.

"Not yet but we're still looking." I tell him.

"Alright and how is it going with her and her son living with you?" He asks.

"It's been going great." I reply while taking a moment to take in a breath and as soon as I let it out, I decide to tell all of them about everything.

"Is everything okay?" The Elder asked.

"Yes. However, there is something I need to tell you all." I say nervously. "Recently, I had found out that Cole is my son and Penelope is my mate." I blurt out.

The entire room becomes silent and all I can hear are gasps and then whispers coming from everyone.

"Are you certain?" The Elder asks me.

"Yes. I know how you all might feel but..." I started.

"And what exactly is that?" He asks me.

"Well I've heard for years that it's not necessarily okay to have hybrids." I admit.

"Yes well, it's different when it's between our best Alpha of all werewolves and best witch." He smiles.

"You're not upset?" I asked confused and wondering in the back of my head if this is a trick or something.

"Of course not. However, he will need to prove that he is well trained with having both yours and Penelope's abilities when he's fifteen at the Werewolf Arena." He says.

"I know." I nod in agreement.

We finish up the meeting and while on my way back home, LeRoy asks me how the meeting went.

"Anything interesting?" He asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"Come on man, I've known you too long to know when you're lying." He says.

"The Elder reminded me about Cole and what he needs to do when he's fifteen." I tell him.

"Oh, the Arena?" HE asks.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Does Penelope know about that you think?" He asks me.

"I doubt it. At least the one's for hybrids." I tell him.

It's silent between us for a moment until he breaks the silence.

"Don't worry. Everything will be okay." He tells me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"When are you going to tell Penelope?" He asks.

"Tonight." I tell him.

Then we share another moment of silence until we get to the house and instantly I go from feeling bad to feeling great and all smiles as soon as I walk into the house and am greeted by my son.

"Hey dad!" He says.

"Hey little man. What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Not much. Just learning some spells." He tells me.

"That's cool."

"Not really, she's teaching me some boring ones but I don't want to tell her because I don't want her to get upset."

"Well don't worry, I'll talk to her." I wink at him.

"Cole? You're not finished." We hear Penelope say as she comes walking in after him.

Cole and I look at each other for a moment then look back at her as I quickly think up of something.

"Why don't you guys finish your lesson later? I was thinking about us going out to dinner and maybe seeing a movie tonight?" I suggest.

Penelope looks at Cole and then back at me for a moment.

"Fine, just this once we'll cut the lesson short but, we need to pick up tomorrow." She says.

I'm glad that she agreed and now I need to think about in how I'm going to bring up what Cole will need to do when he's fifteen. I wonder how she'll react.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)