CHAPTER 31:

ROMAN

She's awake? Oh my god, I thought she was dead.

We all look at her in complete and utter shock as soon as we see her eyes open.

"I thought you said it was too late and that she was dead?" I asked Ellie.

"I-I thought she was. I couldn't feel her heart beat." She stutters.

"Cole? Roman?" Penelope asks as she quickly sits up and asks frantically.

"Shh. It's okay baby." I try to comfort her and have Cole quickly come sit beside us.

"Mom?" He asks while wiping away his eyes.

"Oh sweetie." She says with a big smile on her face and wraps her arms tightly around Cole. Then she pulls apart from him a little and holds his face. "I'm so glad you're okay." She smiles.

"I'm glad you're okay mom. We thought we lost you." He tells her.

"Never." She smiles at him.

She then looks at me and I right away embrace her in a kiss with my arms around her.

"I love you so much." I tell her while touching our foreheads together.

"I love you too. And I'm so sorry." She begins.

"Don't be. You're okay now and that's all that matters." I assure her.

Ellie and I begin to help her stand up and when we do she hugs Ellie.

"It's good to have you back." Ellie tells her.

"Thanks to you. Thank you so much." Penelope tells her.

"Anything for my best friend." She smiles.

Penelope starts looking around.

"What happened with Rizelda and my aunt?" She asks.

"They're gone." Ellie tells her.

"Good." Penelope says.

Penelope looked passed me and looked shocked as well as Ellie also. So we all look behind us and notice the witch council walking towards us in their cloaks. When they get to us, they bow a little at us.

"Penelope, we are very sorry for not being able to see what your aunt was trying to do and for what she did to both your parents. We thought we could contain her but, clearly not." The person next in line to become head of the council apologizes.

"It's okay." Penelope replies. "Everything is fine now. Though we need to update a few laws." She suggests.

"Of course. Which is why we're here. We all have taken a vote and all agreed that you would be a better replacement for the new head Elder." He suggests.

"What?" I ask for her in surprise.

"Are you serious?" Penelope asks them in disbelief.

"Yes. We would be honored to have you." He states.

Penelope continues looking at him for another brief moment while Cole is excited and as am I. But she looks at me as if she's asking for my permission, which she doesn't need. But to humor her, I smile and nod. She smiles back at me and looks back at the council.

"I accept." She bows a little as they do at her as well and help clean up things before leaving.

"Holy shit, you're the elder now." Ellie says.

"Yeah. I guess I am." Penelope smiles. "Oh my god, I'm the new head elder for the witches council." She says in more realization as to what she just agreed to.

Cole excitedly wraps his arms around her waist and congratulates her.

I am truly happy for her but I don't know what this would mean for us. With that title she would have to be with someone who is at the same level status as her. In which I'm sure isn't me.

I notice her smiling as she starts walking towards me and suddenly we're both feeling nervous for some reason.

"So congrats on your new title." I tell her.

"Thanks." She smiles. "You know, I will need some help and was thinking maybe we could do it together. As a family." She says.

I feel more than relieved and overjoyed to hear her say that that she has no idea how much that means to me to say that.

I don't even say anything, instead I reply while embracing her in my arms as I smash my lips onto hers once again.

Cole then wraps his arms around me and Penelope and we share a group hug together.

This was going to be the beginning to a happily ever after!!

The End!!

Hey guys, sorry that it took me a while to post anything. But I have now and also, again, I am gonna give you all a couple of sneek peeks of some stories I will be posting this week. But the sneek peeks will be posted tonight or tomorrow so look for those. :) I hope you enjoyed this story and I hope you all had a great New Years. Love you all and will be posting chapters for the others soon. :);)