CHAPTER 30: I Am Not Gonna Be Afraid

PENELOPE

I can hear everybody screaming from a distance as I stand in a field in the woods. I'm not exactly sure where I am or how I even got here but what I do know is that either I'm dead and this is heaven or I'm still trapped inside my own body, not able to return.

However, I quickly begin to realize the familiarity where I've been sent to before when Rizelda has taken over my body. I have tried to return back to try and stop her once and for all but it feels almost as though I am powerless here. I'm scared that she will kill me soon.

Then I hear rustling from behind me and as I turn to look, I see it's her.

"Have you made yourself at home?" She asks.

"I won't let you kill me." I cry.

"Kill you?! Why would I ever want to do that? I simply just want you to be happy and to not have to go through what I did." She begins.

"What?" I asked through sniffles.

"You see, I used to have your powers and abilities as well as your strengths. My great grandfather began the witches council. He is the one who made treaties with the werewolves and other mythical creatures as humans have called us. He even helped them form their councils. But then one day, a rogue came and killed him, slashed his throat and watched him bleed out. That's when the first war began where the witches beat the werewolves but in the end, it was the werewolves that took over. Somehow they manipulated our kind and enslaved us to their laws. Oh but, of course we were lucky because they let us keep our council." She says the last part in sarcasm.

"My mother tried very hard to get her revenge but in the end, was killed for it. There was never any justice for my family. So when I was old enough I tried to seek revenge upon those who ruined my family's reputation and tainted our name with lies and deceit though they still have their heads raised high as though they can get away with anything. Of course they feared that idea that I was the last of my kind, or so they thought, who would have the power to do anything. Then one day, I was called upon. I was awakened, of you will, by your aunt. Your mother was supposed to be my vessel but, she didn't care to have both sides of magic. Then there was you." She smiled while finishing and as she cocked her head to the side a little bit.

"I won't let you take me." I tell her.

"Aww. You poor thing. You see, I already have. Your loved ones are fighting and are going to lose. And while they fight, every minute that passes by, is just more of you that stays farther and farther behind until very soon, you will be left here for eternity."

"The hell I will." I say before starting to sprint towards her and she stops me by putting her right arm in front of her and closed her hand at what I thought was nothing but then quickly felt a sharp burning pain in my chest and as I looked down at the necklace my aunt gave me, I see it turning a deep red and black then as I look at her, I feel the pain get even worse until I drop to my knees and start gripping to the ground while crying in pain.

"Don't worry. It'll only last a little while longer. And don't worry about your son, I'll be sure to take good care of him." She begins to laugh in an evil way.

The pain is unbearable and as I try to rip off the necklace that has infuses into my skin, releasing more poison, it still is there while she turns and starts walking away.

I next feel my body begin to shake in both pain and anger but mostly anger as it begins to rise and fill me from head to toe as I look at her I can start to feel my strength getting stronger than ever until I remember the spell my mother once told me to banish someone bad and send them to the underworld.

So I begin to slowly chant the spell while I close my eyes to help me concentrate and see flashes of my parents, Cole, Roman and LeRoy. That's my fire and what is helping me focus.

I grip back onto the necklace as it burns and rips my skin partially as I try ripping it off and screaming in pain.

Then I see Rizelda turn back and round and begin to scream and yell at me.

"NOOO!!!!" She yells out while running towards me but she's too late. It's off and no longer attached to me.

We both drop to the ground and all I see is darkness but yet, I hear Roman, Cole, Ellie and others begin to cry while begging me to come back.

Then it happens.....I open my eyes.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)