CHAPTER 25: What Just Happened?!?

ROMAN

Of course after the council found out about the head elder being killed, we were right away approached by the others from both the Wolf Council and Witch Council, asking us if we knew who did it. After we told them, they informed us that we had their full support.

Penelope has been in bed almost all day today since she spent most of the night crying. It hurts me to see her hurting and crying the way she did.

Once she finally fell asleep, I dozed off for a few hours and woke up early this morning, leaving her in bed to continue sleeping while the pack and I along with Ellie all sat around together and came up with a plan. Then afterwards, Ellie told me she needed to talk to me so I headed out in the back with her.

"I'm leaving for a few hours." She begins to tell me.

"Why? I thought you were gonna help us?" I ask.

"Don't worry, I promise I will be there. I'm going to get a few of my friends to help and we'll meet you there tonight." She explains.

"Why do I feel there's something you're not saying?"

"Just worry about Penelope and focus on both Cole and her safety."

"Okay but, I still don't understand..." I try and protest but she stops me.

"Look, I want to apologize to you." She begins.

"For what?"

"For not giving up on her or Cole even after you found out the truth of what happened that day."

"How did you find out?"

"LeRoy told me everything this morning."

We then share a moment of silence before I thank her.

"Well, I should be thanking you for helping her out when I wasn't there. Especially with Cole."

She looks at me and smiles then reaches out her arms and hugs me tightly while I hug her back as I can't stop but think there's something she isn't telling me.

When we pull apart, I notice she was crying as I see her wipe tears from her eyes. Before I could say anything, she walked off towards the woods and disappeared before she entered.

I wasn't sure in how Penelope was going to react to her leaving as I'm sure she has no idea that Ellie left.

So I turn and start heading back into the house and upstairs to the bedroom where I notice Penelope is standing out on our balcony looking out into the woods. Damn, I guess she saw and heard everything that Ellie said.

"Baby?" I said while walking towards her but stop when I begin hearing her start mumbling something and didn't know what she was saying until she turned and faced me.

"Now that I have returned from hell,
  Soon your friends will all dwell
  Into the darkness you will be
  Tortured for all eternity"

She says as she turns and stares into my eyes while repeating the same chant a few times as her eyes were that deep dark red almost black color look, stared into mine.

"Penelope?" I begin.

She looks at me more as she holds out her hand and looks like she's grabbing onto something and she is without touching me, she somehow is twisting my insides causing my to drop down onto my knees.

"Look at you. You are so weak. You will never measure up to our kind. Look at you." She states as she cocks her head to one side while continuing to squeeze my insides, tighter making it too hard for me to speak.

"Please." I struggle to say.

"Aww, look who's trying to be a hero now." She grins.

The next thing I hear is my guys come running in and then in an instant, she was gone. What the hell just happened?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)
Sorry guys that it took forever to post this but to be honest, I was drawing a complete blank and found that nothing I was writing was any good to post and I didn't want to post crap. So here's this chapter that I hope you like and the other one's I will post later today. I say that because it's 1 AM at where I'm at and so I will post the others later on today, I just need to sleep. I promise my brain though should have something good for the other stories. The next chapter will be from the POV of Penelope's aunt and we will see something with Cole. :);) So I'm really sorry about this chapter being so late and short but again, I will post more chapters for each story later on today. :) I love you guys and I'm sorry. :(:(