CHAPTER 27: Oh No.....

ROMAN

"Alpha, are you ready?" LeRoy asks while walking up to me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Listen, we're going to get her back." He says while smiling at me.

"I know." I tell him.

I then get up and we start heading out when I see Ellie and a few others as well as Harrison, the Alpha from the Silver Fang pack and the one who killed Penelope's parents who I have been searching for.

"You!" I begin while trying to stomp up to him to get ready to throw a punch. Then Ellie gets between us both to stop me.

"Hold on!" She says. "We all need to talk."

"To him?! He killed Penelope's parents!" I exclaimed.

"Please, just hear him out." She pleads. "For the sake of Penelope and Cole."

I look at her and then at him a little while and then back at her.

"Fine. But if this is some kind of a trick just to ambush me and my pack, I swear I will tear all of you apart limb by limb." I lean forward to warn him.

"I promise that isn't my intention." He says.

Although I'm still not entirely sold on him saying he won't do anything, but we'll see.

So we all take a seat in the living room, both his pack and mine along with Ellie and he starts explaining.

"Listen, I know you've been looking everywhere for me and my pack because rumor has it that I killed both of Penelope's parents. The truth is that a rogue was paid by her to kill them and then somehow rumor spread saying it was us. But it wasn't and my pack and I have been out trying to figure out who really killed them. But we never found him." He says sounding disappointed.

"Why should I believe you?" I ask.

"Because you know me and how my pack operate. We wouldn't deny something like that." He mentions.

He was right, but I still don't feel like I can trust him entirely yet. Since we've always been enemies. However, for right now, I guess we could use his help.

"Alright. So what now? You gonna help us?" I ask.

"That's the plan. Just tell us what you got in mind and we'll help." He says.

"Thanks." I tell him.

He smiles and then I begin going over the plan with him and his pack as well as with Ellie. Then afterwards, we all began making our way towards Clarice's place.

I was trying hard not to think about the worst thing that could happen to them.

When we finally got to the place, we all began to disperse all around with some remaining here still in the woods so she thought I brought only my pack when really, Harrison's was here also.

Ellie, LeRoy and I began making our way cautiously and tactful to make sure we were able to sneek in without being caught or noticed.

It seemed to work as LeRoy was able to sneek up on the guards and both of us were able to snap their necks.

As we continued walking inside, I tried to smell the scent of Penelope but couldn't.

While walking a few more feet, we all begin to hear screaming as well as a deep gutteral growl coming from downstairs. Something told me that the scream was from Penelope and the animalistic growl was our son.

So we all started running downstairs while mind-linking Harrison and his pack, letting them know that we're going to need them.

"Alright, let's go." I say as we start walking down the stairs to what I'm assuming is part of some dungeon or basement of some kind.

The bright warm glow from the flames of candles were lighting up our way down the stairs.

We could hear several voices of people chanting and then that growl again.

When we got to the bottom of the stairs, we were all surprised at what we saw. Several people wearing dark cloaks, looking at Penelope who is tied down on a long table while they chant over her as the one I assume is her aunt is standing near her with a dagger and a scientist tube filled with some type of dark liquid while also mumbling something.

Then everyone stops all of a sudden and snap their heads at us while I quickly begin feeling as though I've gotten in trouble.

"Welcome Alpha." I hear Clarice say as she turned her head slowly at us with an evil grin as her eyes were the same deep color as I saw Penelope's. Then we saw out the corner of our eyes was Cole, shifted into his hybrid form.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)